franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Started with 95% from audiences which feels… weirdly low 

only 100 ratings so very early but still i was expecting 98-99%

It started at 100 actually (was like 12 reviews), then went down to 98. But the number fluctuate much so early,  think it´s already up again to 96 now

• Like 5

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

It started at 100 actually (was like 12 reviews), then went down to 98. But the number fluctuate much so early,  think it´s already up again to 96 now

Yeah, just saw it 

i hope it can get up to 97-98% with 500 reviews, then i’ll feel good about A cinemascore

It's hard to gauge RT audience scores lining up with CinemasScore. To use a recent example Creed 3 got an A- despite having a 96% and higher than movies with A CS. Heck, Love And Thunder got a lower audience score than Quantumania but the CS was reversed.

Best to wait for more reviews to come I think.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

It's hard to gauge RT audience scores lining up with CinemasScore. To use a recent example Creed 3 got an A- despite having a 96% and higher than movies with A CS. Heck, Love And Thunder got a lower audience score than Quantumania but the CS was reversed.

Best to wait for more reviews to come I think.

You´re right, i look here and WF was at 93% audience score at the same point, and that get an A 

Guardians is now with 96% with 250 votes, if it keeps this % with 1000 votes it should get an A as well

• Like 1

China OD Reception (Positive-Negative)

Maoyan - 1183 - 9

Breaking Postive Reviews

Plot - 407 | Picture - 248 | Acting - 82

Should be 9.3+ START. 

Douban - 3238 Users / 94 Critics Ratings. Should be solid 8.0 here.

OD Reception will continue floating and All together, currently expecting -

9.3 Maoyan | 9.2 TPP | 8.0 Douban 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XXR Metro Boomin said:

Just got out and my initial thoughts are….

Best MCU solo since Black Panther. Probably top 5 non-Avengers MCU film. Definitely feels like an A Cinemascore. I can see why some critics may be more down on it than others but WOM should carry it (relative to the MCU.)

TASTE 😎

Edited by fabiopazzo2

9 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I’m noticing a theme in your comparisons lol. Why is WW84 there, it’s way ahead of the others with critics. But Quantumania and Eternals both had worse reviews than WW84 & Shazam 2. WW84 is still at 71% with Top Critics as well, but we won’t start that argument again. 

Anyway, GOTG3 is excellent. Go and see it, because it doesn’t deserve to underperform at the box office. 

ww84 audience scores are some of the worse in recent years for a cbms.  it has a 5.3 on imdb,  that's worse than suicide squad and on Par with dark phoenix and Morbius. So yes eternal and wuantumania got worse reviews (all 3 are rotten though)  but ww84 audience scores from imdb,  letterboxd and rt are legit the worse a cbm had gotten in the past 4 years

Edited by Jeight

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

After seeing reception across Asia, I am calling it a new beginning! Phase V might have start slow but should end up better than Phase IV

Now let's see if they can keep this up without James Gunn...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeight said:

ww84 audience scores are some of the worse in recent years for a cbms.  it has a 5.3 on imdb,  that's worse than suicide squad and on Par with dark phoenix and Morbius. So yes eternal and wuantumania got worse reviews (all 3 are rotten though)  but ww84 audience scores from imdb,  letterboxd and rt are legit the worse a cbm had gotten in the past 4 years

I never realized just how low the Letterboxd score was for WW1984... 2.3 is brutal there. Wow. 

14 minutes ago, JWR said:

Now let's see if they can keep this up without James Gunn...

mcu was never built upon james gunn ! he is one of the best comic book directors yes ! but if the marvels gets better reception than expectations cause expectations r low they got solid set of movies with good directors next yr ! hopefully they won't spoil it specially capt america 4 nd Deadpool 3 ! nd feigie knows this too + these strikes will create good gaps between these movies to stop over exposure 

• Like 1