Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

What are you guys predicting for Saturday? I'm guessing $55m. I really can't see it hitting $60m.

Thinking about 20% jump from True Friday to 57-58 mil

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Thinking about 20% jump from True Friday to 57-58 mil

63.8m

58m

42.5m

I always keep getting numbers below BvS LOL

If it does hit $60m...then that would be incredible. 

Also, over here...Belle absolutely murdered Kong mercilessly. 

All the BaTB showings hit 90%+ capacity but there were a couple of showings for Kong that ranged only 5-20%. 

EDIT: Also...80% of BaTB showings across the country are in 2D. The rest is either 3D or IMAX.

Edited by Noctis

12 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

$126m adjusted OW for a film that no one really likes that much. Too bad they didn't take their chips and leave the table & instead did a sequel.

That, and they waited too long to do a sequel as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

$126m adjusted OW for a film that no one really likes that much. Too bad they didn't take their chips and leave the table & instead did a sequel.

1/3 of that money probably came thanks to Avatar/3D goodwill. I wish How to Train Your Dragon had been released on that date instead.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

1/3 of that money probably came thanks to Avatar/3D goodwill. I wish How to Train Your Dragon had been released on that date instead.

God, I will never forget how I fell in love with that movie. I watched it 4 times in theaters. It was so wonderful. 

• Like 1

Man, I tried to book tickets for me and my niece to see this shot-by-shot remake movie today, and everything from noon till 5:30 is sold out at both theaters, and they had showings every half hour. I still think this is more frontloaded and liable to stay flat from true Friday than people think, BUT I might very well be wrong if my area is any indication - hugely outpacing Thursday and Friday. I'd eat crow if so. 

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Man, I tried to book tickets for me and my niece to see this shot-by-shot remake movie today, and everything from noon till 5:30 is sold out at both theaters, and they had showings every half hour. I still think this is more frontloaded and liable to stay flat from true Friday than people think, BUT I might very well be wrong if my area is any indication - hugely outpacing Thursday and Friday. I'd eat crow if so. 

The wrinkle is presales. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

The wrinkle is presales. 

True, but everything I'm looking at is reserved seating, and even tonight's shows are selling as high right now as Friday's night shows did five minutes before they started. Everything is hugely outpacing yesterday in terms of raw seats sold through the end of the night, and this has changed alot over just the last hour. Then again, last night was Spring Break and St. Patty's in the party capital of America, so skewed.