Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

14 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

BATB must pass BvS, if it does it then everybody will respect BATB and Disney till the end of times :bourne:

The fully animated one was better. However it's good to have a smash hit of this magnitude here.

BaTB is like season 7 of the Walking Dead. A lot of filler....a lot of boredom and some good stuff mixed in and a great final 15 minutes.

6/10

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The fully animated one was better. However it's good to have a smash hit of this magnitude here.

Animated movies will always be better, at least for me, live action movies can't compete, that's not the same magic.

"$300 M weekend in doubt."

Jesus, people expected that much in domestic dollars alone?

I'll be seeing BatB on $5 Tuesdays...with my niece. She wants to go and nobody else will take her. Spring Break is going on around here, and I pre-ordered tickets. There. Disney gets my money.

Edited by NoobSaibot

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

BaTB is like season 7 of the Walking Dead. A lot of filler....a lot of boredom and some good stuff mixed in and a great final 15 minutes.

6/10

What did you think of Watson?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

6/10

Would you say that the similarity to the original was a bad thing?

16 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

BATB must pass BvS, if it does it then everybody will respect BATB and Disney till the end of times :bourne:

You guys don't need to worry about it.

Even if its opening weekend ends smaller than BVS, BATB will have better legs and better word of mouth. Oh, and it'll also manage to get a much better multiplier, something that BVS lacked. I still can't believe BVS failed to even get a 2x multiplier for its opening weekend number. Hell, even Fantastic Four 2015 managed to get a 2.2x multiplier. 

I remember a movie with Steven Seagal getting a 5x multiplier ( Under Siege ). A freaking Steven Seagal movie getting a 5x multiplier. 

So BVS is beaten one way or another. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Logan is R rated and is actually cheaper than both DOFP and TLS.  Its performance has been impressive, given its huge competition. In the long haul, it's performing better than the X-Men franchise.

It's gonna be at 500 million worldwide, by this weekend. Logan has nothing to prove. It's a huge sucess. 

I can't say the same about Mr Kong. It's insanely expensive and it also has to face a lot of competition. Peter Jackson's movie made 550 million worldwide, and that was 12 years ago, with cheaper tickets. People thought 550 million a disappointing figure 12 years ago, so I can't imagine people celebrating Kong's sucess if it makes less worldwide than a movie released 12 freaking yars ago. 

I'm not disappointed in Logan's run at all if I gave that impression with that cheeky post.  220m is fantastic for an R-rated movie thats not a comedy, you can't really ask for much more than that.  

My point was that another 15m to top DOFP/TLS would've been :insane:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I remember a movie with Steven Seagal getting a 5x multiplier ( Under Siege ). A freaking Steven Seagal movie getting a 5x multiplier. 

Under Siege came out in 1992...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Noctis said:

What did you think of Watson?

I thought she was awesome. She was absolutely perfect in her role

• Like 5

http://deadline.com/2017/03/beauty-and-the-beast-opening-international-box-office-1202045514/

With a further $40.3M at offshore turnstiles on Friday,Disney’s Beauty And The Beast has twirled its way to $51.8M at the international box office. That’s in two days of play. Combined with the record-breaking domestic debut, the worldwide box office through Friday is $115.6M. Moving into the castle on Friday were such key hubs as the UK, China, Spain and Mexico. China on Friday came in at an estimated $12.6M per Dis while local unofficial reporting currently has it closing in on $30M through Saturday.

There are now 43 material markets open and all four of the overseas majors that bowed Friday launched at No. 1. Of those, China, the UK and Mexico scored the biggest Disney Live Action opening day of all time. Estimates out of the UK are at $6.1M on Friday with $2.4M from Mexico.

Without the full-weekend, it’s difficult to start stacking comps across the first few days of rollout. That’s because pics like Maleficent, Cinderella and The Jungle Bookopened with different patterns and in different exchange rate landscapes. But Belle and her Beast are on their way to blasting past pre-weekend high-end projections overseas of $115M. The early numbers make it feel like the update on the 1991 classic animated pic is doing Jungle Book-style business with that film having opened to $134M in the same suite of markets and at today’s exchange rates.

With yesterday’s bows, the Bill Condon-helmed BATB is now open in all major markets except France, Australia, and Japan. France and Australia pull up a chair next week, followed by Japan on April 21.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, franfar said:

Would you say that the similarity to the original was a bad thing?

No.

There's just certain movies that don't appeal to certain people and this is one of those movies for me. I just really get taken out of a film most of the time when they break into song and dance for no reason.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

6/10

Basically what Baumer said regarding BATB however cause of music it got to a 7/10 for me.