Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

6 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Wonder what kind of numbers a live action Mulan would open too. That's were I'm hoping they go with the next live action of these films. Not caught up to date with Disney's plans though.

Here's a nice summary article of all the planned live-action remakes:

http://collider.com/upcoming-live-action-disney-movies-release-dates/

Mulan is slated for a November 2, 2018 release. I'm looking forward to both Mulan and Aladdin, as it appears they are going in the right direction for both and will not be whitewashing either film, thankfully. 

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 4

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

HAHA I COMPLETELY FORGOT.  Have they even reported numbers for it?

Original film competes with remake of a Disney animated film. Original film is forgotten. People complain there's no original films out there. :ph34r:

• Like 6

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Original film competes with remake of a Disney animated film. Original film is forgotten. People complain there's no original films out there. :ph34r:

I hated BATB if it helps :ph34r:.

Also my #1 stan for now is a quasi-original film, so there's that.

Mulan is by far and away the best of the Disney princess movies. I actually am only a fan of Mulan. The other Disney princess movies range from good to meh (pre-Tangled, that is). 

Mulan will do absolute bonkers in China. $500m+ easily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Just because a movie has appeal to kids doesn't mean it won't have a frontloaded as hell weekend. People think Harry Potter and Star Wars don't have appeal to kids or somethin?

The movie had bigger pre-sales than CW yet did almost $9m less on Thursday.  That does not indicate frontloaded-ness. 

It will be more frontloaded than say Jungle Book but there's nothing to indicate an HP or Twlight effect

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, That One Guy said:

I hated BATB if it helps :ph34r:.

Also my #1 stan for now is a quasi-original film, so there's that.

I really don't care if you hated BATB or not. I'm not rooting against BATB, I'm rooting for the Belko Experiment. People can like both. :)

• Like 2

Mulan will be successful but not Jungle Book or BATB successful, I think if it can do similar numbers to Maleficent or Cinderella, Disney will be satisfied.

I really want Hunchback to be done as a live action movie musical but i think it would be a huge risk because it's not a happy story.

I really don't care if you hated BATB or not. I'm not rooting against BATB, I'm rooting for the Belko Experiment. People can like both. :)

I also am rooting for Belko Experiment.  I just forgot about it amidst the BATB-madness.

No, it's either-or

BO is clearly zero sum

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Mulan is by far and away the best of the Disney princess movies. I actually am only a fan of Mulan. The other Disney princess movies range from good to meh (pre-Tangled, that is). 

Mulan will do absolute bonkers in China. $500m+ easily.

I hope the cast it's Marvel-great

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

$16.3M worth of people saw a live action version of a movie that has been available on home video for almost 25 years.

Many still have the ability to dream and want some Disney magic back, 100% understandable :)