Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

11 minutes ago, cookie said:

WHERE IS MY LIVE-ACTION TARZAN

AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT SOME OF YOU ARE GOING TO PULL SO DON'T DO IT

Right here!  The Pirates/Tarzan crossover you've all been waiting for!

264215_s.gif

• Like 1

The Kung Fu Panda films have shown that the Chinese people dont really care for the americanized versions of their country in Hollywood Films. Expecting a live action Mulan to do bonkers there is brave but kinda unlikely i think.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Only in 2016, it seems that 2017 had a pretty good start in China. It was probably a bump on the road, even if it's unlikely to be back to previous levels of growth.*

And you seem to forget that Mulan is culturally Chinese, that's not the case of F&F7 so Mulan has a local advantage.

All I'm saying is that it's unwise to predict record-breaking numbers from a movie that hasn't even begun filming yet.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

This is assuming Chinese audiences want an Americanized, Western-song-driven movie starring an Chinese-American actress (i.e., someone they aren't familiar with).

I'm sure it'll do well (150m? 200m?) but to expect more than double that seems crazy to me. 

All people in the movie will be Chinese, and we don't know if we'll have songs in it. It's a bit too early. If an animated movie (Zootopia) could pass $200m there despite they're not fans of animated movies then Mulan has a real potential.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

I saw the 6 seasons and I just can't have enough of it, it's so good, so different from what you usually see on TV. It's silly, it's magical and they're completely at ease with it. It's fresh, the complete opposite of the current trend of dark, adult TV shows people love so much.

This is what is happening last time I saw (I think I'm an episode or two behind):

Henry's real mother is going to be killed by his Uncle (because one of Henry's great grandmothers is an evil fairy who brainwashes him) but she's stuck with Henry's step-mother because she saw boring ass Robin in dreamland. (OFC Swanqueen is the only real ship on that show worth shipping)

Henry's step-grandmother and grandfather are probably getting divorced, lol, because he's such a beast even though early on she was like "i don't care about his beast side!"

Henry's other grandmother and grandfather...I guess they ended their sleeping curse? Kinda forgot what's going on with them. I know Charming is going to pretend to be a sheriff and try to catch his dad's (Henry's great-grandfather) killer. Like anybody cares.

I guess Henry's step-aunt (Zelena) is still muddling through her redemption arc.

So stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

All I'm saying is that it's unwise to predict record-breaking numbers from a movie that hasn't even begun filming yet.

Yes, it's more of a hope than anything else, but I'm really excited about the possibility, I really love Mulan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

This is what is happening last time I saw (I think I'm an episode or two behind):

Henry's real mother is going to be killed by his Uncle (because one of Henry's great grandmothers is an evil fairy who brainwashes him) but she's stuck with Henry's step-mother because she saw boring ass Robin in dreamland. (OFC Swanqueen is the only real ship on that show worth shipping)

Henry's step-grandmother and grandfather are probably getting divorced, lol, because he's such a beast even though early on she was like "i don't care about his beast side!"

Henry's other grandmother and grandfather...I guess they ended their sleeping curse? Kinda forgot what's going on with them. I know Charming is going to pretend to be a sheriff and try to catch his dad's (Henry's great-grandfather) killer. Like anybody cares.

I guess Henry's step-aunt (Zelena) is still muddling through her redemption arc.

So stupid.

Once Upon a Time. A show so dumb, you can't help but enjoy yourself. :ph34r: I am so far behind, but I enjoy it when I watch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

So stupid.

I never said it was smart, deep or else, it's more about the background, fairy tales. If you ask for something realistic or down-to-Earth that's not for you.

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

I never said it was smart, deep or else, it's more about the background, fairy tales. If you ask for something realistic or down-to-Earth that's not for you.

Why are we equating realist/down to earth with smart and deep?

• Like 2

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I take the show as seriously as the writers do.