Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I heard a wild rumor that Warner Bros. had to pay to basically shoot King Arthur twice.  

It was pushed back three times and was meant to come in 2016, doesn't strike me as a film WB has confidence in 

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I heard a wild rumor that Warner Bros. had to pay to basically shoot King Arthur twice.  

Did that rumor happen to let you know why something like that would have happened? I'm curious.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Does everyone in this thread WANT me to commit suicide? :sadben: 

Say it again: When TLNM comes out and if it does under $100M, I might join you.

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

I'm being very cautious not to have this attitude yet because I know how quickly things can change from past years. But if the low 60 number holds, the male demo is not coming out in droves to see this (like for a JW or Furious 7) and the presales were much stronger then the walk ups.

Why would anyone think that this movie would have the male demo coming out in droves? We may be open-minded cinephiles here who could give two shits about gender-based social constructs, but the GA is just normal people raised in a normal culture characterized by, among many other things, traditional ideas and notions. There is no way in heck that a princess movie musical  romance in which its two most iconic images are a magic rose and a yellow ball gown is going to attract droves of males. 

Edited by MrMarosa

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Image result for guy blinking meme

5 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Bumping on principal.

That's not how it works

Shit, Deadline just updated with projected 58.7M Friday. The number is going down by the hour, WTF:

UPDATE, FRIDAY AFTERNOON: Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is destined to land among March’s top openers of all-time with a current $154M-$161M projected weekend, off of what looks to be a $58.7M Friday. These are from non-Disney industry estimates.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/beauty-and-the-beast-weekend-box-office-selling-out-1202045224/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, franfar said:

Do you know where CA is as a % of the country's moviegoers?

Well, since the total Movie-going population for this study (done in 2014) was 229 million, Ca is about 11% and Tx is like 9%

Edited by MJL
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Shit, Deadline just updated with projected 58.7M Friday. The number is going down by the hour, WTF:

They are always too low.

*edit* That's not on the page. 

Edited by Frozen

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Valerian tho, movie could be lost in the summer shuffle ...Scary thought.

Be brave Luc !

OS will hopefully come to the rescue.

France had better do its damn part well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMarosa said:

Why would anyone think that this movie would have the male demo coming out in droves? We may be open-minded cinephiles here who could give two shits about gender-based ocial constructs, but the GA is just normal people raised in a normal culture characterized by, among many other things, traditional ideas and notions. There is no way in heck that a princess movie musical in which its two most iconic images are a magic rose and a yellow ball gown is going to attract droves of males. 

Beauty and the Beast will likely be the inverse of a comic book movie with an audience of 60% female and 40% male. This isn't Twilight.

• Like 1