FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

35 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Next week

Batb 45,000,000

Power rangers 40,000,000

Boss baby. 35,000,000

Ghost.  25,000,000

Be carefull that you don't become a joke around here. You're awfully close atm

1 hour ago, Gokira2012 said:

Once word of mouth for power rangers spreads, it is gonna be like get out

Get Out is a R rated original horror film with a $4.5 million production cost that is going to top $150 million domestically on Thursday, on day 35 and after a 5th weekend gross of over $8 million. Despite opening as big as $33 million+ it is likely going to finish with a 5x multiplier. PR isn't, never was and never will be in a postilion to "be like Get Out".

• Like 10

Power rangers bombing overseas when haters thought it was gonna bomb here instead it did good here and bombed overseas is like a cruel joke because power rangers is better than any dceu movie , but they make bad movies and get sequels and we don't

Edited by Gokira2012

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Don't forget that Beauty and the Beast will get a nice bump on Easter weekend.  

Forgot about that. Holiday Monday aside, what kind of drop do you expect for the 3-day weekend ?

8 minutes ago, Xillix said:

In all honesty I'm actually taking the OS Power Rangers news at least as badly as my Goldar icon would imply. I'm just not one to lash out online about it. >.>

Just wasn't meet to be. Not every TV show or kid show becomes a hit.

3 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

I still don't understand why Lionsgate didn't release PR in 3D. They shot themselves in the foot when they did that. 

you know 3D is dead or dying in most of the world, with the very odd exception of a film that ppl will go out of their way to see 3D

• Like 14

Just now, Momo said:

Just wasn't meet to be. Not every TV show or kid show becomes a hit.

Unless your marvel or DC which was were 90's kids shows and 69's kids comics but power rangers is the only one with the four kids stigma

Verdict. Gen x kids still rule the world

Millenials has lost this battle

1 minute ago, Rth and the Beast said:

you know 3D is dead or dying in most of the world, with the very odd exception of a film that ppl will go out of their way to see 3D

I saw BATB was released in 4,000 so theaters compared to PR 3,600 or so. Doesn't that included IMAX,3D or no? Was wondering how that works.

The OS numbers for Power Rangers is atrocious. It's stunning how bad it is...62 markets and wasn't able to top $20m. That is horrendous on all levels. 

I also saw the movie...atrocious villain. The rangers ranged from great (the black kid was absolutely brilliant and has a bright future ahead of him) to really bad (the Asian kid was terrible and could not pull off the badass vibe for one second). But I did like and appreciate how inclusive the movie was. Such a shame it was bogged down by one of the most childish and idiotic villains in blockbuster history and the story itself needed a lot of fine-tuning. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

The OS numbers for Power Rangers is atrocious. It's stunning how bad it is...62 markets and wasn't able to top $20m. That is horrendous on all levels. 

I also saw the movie...atrocious villain. The rangers ranged from great (the black kid was absolutely brilliant and has a bright future ahead of him) to really bad (the Asian kid was terrible and could not pull off the badass vibe for one second). But I did like and appreciate how inclusive the movie was. Such a shame it was bogged down by one of the most childish and idiotic villains in blockbuster history and the story itself needed a lot of fine-tuning. 

Black kid is billy Asian kid is Zack, they have names and not defined by their race or disability or ability that is the point