CJohn

CINEMACON 2017 | Official Thread

1 minute ago, robertman2 said:

Actually even was I was 10 (when I saw it in theaters) I hated M Night's Airbender. I also remember my mom asking/ranting for a refund for Transformers 2 when I was 9, not because it was bad, but because of the black stereotype Transformers.

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

I'm more excited for that than Spongebob 3! 

Same. Been watching it with my little cousin recently and it's one of those good kid shows nowadays.

Paramount’s motion picture group president Marc Evans promised that the studio will be working even more closely with its sister Viacom TV brands, the most immediate of which is Nickelodeon. While we already knew about Sherlock Gnomes opening on Jan. 12 next year, the studio moved its Amusement Park big toon from July 13, 2018 to Aug. 10 next year. In addition, a new untitled Nick-Par property will debut on March 22, 2019 along with the SpongeBob sequel on Aug. 2 (the studio’s third SpongeBob Squarepants feature). In addition, Paramount is making a movie based on the popular Nick series The Loud House for Feb. 7, 2020 as well as another untitled Nick feature toon for release on July 31, 2020.

Via DHD.

Just now, Jonwo said:

I bet if WAG announces a February 2020 film, The Loud House will move pretty swiftly. 

The Loud House is arguably one of the most popular Nicktoons. I think for once Paramount may have the upper hand.

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The Loud House is arguably one of the most popular Nicktoons. I think for once Paramount may have the upper hand.

WB have an untitled event film for February 7th 2020 and August 7th so I guess the first one was planned for a WAG film, I guess they could an animated film in August or September 

Paramount using Nickelodeon as a way to make movies along with sequels and originals is similar to what WAG is doing with Lego and their animation library and IPs although WAG is doing original movies with Smallfoot although I'm curious what their other 2019 movie is. 

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Nickelodeon is pretty much the only brand Paramount can explore from the TV side. They have nothing else.

Still the highest grossing Nickelodeon movie was  Ninja Turtles (2014) both domestic and worldwide, and only have 6 films over $100M domestic.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Paramount using Nickelodeon as a way to make movies along with sequels and originals is similar to what WAG is doing with Lego and their animation library and IPs although WAG is doing original movies with Smallfoot although I'm curious what their other 2019 movie is. 

Paramount wanted a Nicktoons movie themed like Avengers/Roger Rabbit, could be one of those dates.