WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

Outside of Lucy has there been any proof ScarJo is a legit draw at all, or was that just fanboy hype? And I like her alright. Even Lucy, I feel like that was a hit because "it was so deep and thought-provoking." Seriously, every kinda dumb kid from my high school made a post about how "mindblowing" that movie was. It's a movie people watch when they want to seem smart but don't want to actually watch something smart (IMO and all that, no offense). Underrated niche. Would have probably done like 80 percent as much with Natalie Portman or Emily Blunt tbh.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

Scarlett will be fine. This was just an ill-conceived project from the beginning.

I'm guessing, between the Snow White/Kristen Stewart cheating scandal a few years back and now this, we won't be seeing Rupert Sanders get another major gig like this ever again.

Journeyman white guy who studios can push around, he'll land on his feet

Just now, MrPink said:

To be fair, didn't Dreamworks fund most of this? Paramount distributing?

Paramount still had a part in producing it but they had about 3 other companies co-financing it. They'll be fine.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Outside of Lucy has there been any proof ScarJo is a legit draw at all, or was that just fanboy hype? And I like her alright. Even Lucy, I feel like that was a hit because "it was so deep and thought-provoking." Seriously, every dumb kid from my high school made a post about how "mindblowing" that movie was. It's a movie people watch when they want to seem smart but don't want to actually watch something smart. Underrated niche. Would have probably done like 80 percent as much with Natalie Portman or Emily Blunt tbh.

Before Iron Man 2, she was considered serious poison.

Then suddenly she's a draw because Lucy is huge. Now...?

• Like 2

They would've gotten an extra $20 or so if my friend could go with me but noooooo he just had to get a fucking haircut at the time i was planning the movie.  you see paramount you need to schedule your movies better so it doesn't interfere with high school kids getting a fucking haircut.

Just now, That One Guy said:

They would've gotten an extra $20 or so if my friend could go with me but noooooo he just had to get a fucking haircut at the time i was planning the movie.  you see paramount you need to schedule your movies better so it doesn't interfere with high school kids getting a fucking haircut.

Could have gotten an extra $10 if Wrath of Han chased that girl before going to the movie.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

$20 holy fuck!?!?! What kind of movie theatre is this!?!?!? :ohmygod:

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Outside of Lucy has there been any proof ScarJo is a legit draw at all, or was that just fanboy hype? And I like her alright. Even Lucy, I feel like that was a hit because "it was so deep and thought-provoking." Seriously, every dumb kid from my high school made a post about how "mindblowing" that movie was. It's a movie people watch when they want to seem smart but don't want to actually watch something smart. Underrated niche. Would have probably done like 80 percent as much with Natalie Portman or Emily Blunt tbh.

Honestly, Lucy probably did as well as it did because it was basically the defacto Black Widow vehicle to many people. Marvel won't be making that because it would require renegotiating the terms of her contract (in which she's only to appear as a supporting character in other people's movies).

• Like 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

No. There is no proof that Scarjo is a draw. She has the highest box office numbers of any actress because of her Marvel films. 

Paramount cast her because they thought the Marvel fanboys would come see their Black Widow and they saw how well Lucy did. 

• Like 1

Paramount not even thinking about the teen audience.  garbage studio tbh.

Hell, me and some friends may have gone if it weren't for plans.

Just now, picores said:

So 50m+ OW for Boss Baby....:ohmyzod:. Could finish in the range of  the Lego Batman Movie (170-180m). That's some impressive shit.

Don't bet against DreamWorks Animation. Their movies do big #s even if the movies suck.

Just now, picores said:

So 50m+ OW for Boss Baby....:ohmyzod:. Could finish in the range of  the Lego Batman Movie (170-180m). That's some impressive shit.

Smurfs may hurt it slightly, it opens next week. Thinking $50M OW with a $155M-$165M domestic total.