Mockingjay Raphael

IT // $666M WW!!!!! // Breaking records everywhere!!!!

From what I saw in people's reactions to the news related to this movie (and in social media), this movie will be big here in Brazil, I think it will be one of the biggest horror movies here, it just needs to have good reviews to be a big success.

$180m OS
+
$120m Dom

=$300M Worldwide.

I feel that IT as a novel is less popular outside of America. However, we have seen quite some times that international audiences embrace things that are popular in USA, a result of today's globalised world.

So If this turns out to be good I can see 300m WW or more happening.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1

It's already registering sold out shows in Mexico.

It's being released on a big holiday weekend in Brazil.

This is going to explode OS.

I wonder if it has potential to make $300m OS? LA should make superior numbers to Annabelle: Creation, Europe must be a lot bigger. It will depend if it's going to have appeal in Asia.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I wonder if it has potential to make $300m OS? LA should make superior numbers to Annabelle: Creation, Europe must be a lot bigger. It will depend if it's going to have appeal in Asia.

I think Europe is the one place where it will go below Annabelle 2/The Conjuring 2.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think Europe is the one place where it will go below Annabelle 2/The Conjuring 2.

Really? TC2/A:C did good numbers in Europe, but nothing extraordinary, just for comparison, Split surpassed TC2's numbers in almost every single European market, I thought it had a lot of potential there, especially because I read in the British topic that they're expecting huge numbers there, I thought it had the same enthusiasm in the rest of the region.  

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Really? TC2/A:C did good numbers in Europe, but nothing extraordinary, just for comparison, Split surpassed TC2's numbers in almost every single European market, I thought it had a lot of potential there, especially because I read in the British topic that they're expecting huge numbers there, I thought it had the same enthusiasm in the rest of the region.  

Nevermind then. I had no idea. It is just that here The Conjuring stuff is way bigger than anything within the genre and those movies are the biggest horror hits OS in the last few years. I just assumed those were big in Europe.

22 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Nevermind then. I had no idea. It is just that here The Conjuring stuff is way bigger than anything within the genre and those movies are the biggest horror hits OS in the last few years. I just assumed those were big in Europe.

Nah, TCU is big in religious markets like Spain & Italy, but nothing extraordinary in the rest of bunch, IT has a lot of room to increase there. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

When is it released in Brazil?

22 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I wonder why Warner moved one week after here in Mexico, honestly they have balls releasing it on Sep 14.

It makes no sense considering that Mexico must be the biggest OS market for this movie, you guys should be receiving this movie one week earlier, not one week later.