Plain Old Tele

BOT: The Revisiting! The Top 25 of 2012 -- DEADLINE HAS PASSED

I don't have any proof of this but I have a feeling that The Perks of Being a Wallflower is definitely something North Americans might get behind more than people from different parts of the world. Again no proof of that just a feeling.

Although @Noctis loved it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't have any proof of this but I have a feeling that The Perks of Being a Wallflower is definitely something North Americans might get behind more than people from different parts of the world. Again no proof of that just a feeling.

Although @Noctis loved it.

It was real nice but I do feel it's strangely highly rated here. It's probably in my top 10 somewhere.

• Like 1

Maybe perks of a Wallflower reminded me of all of the really good John Hughes movies from the eighties and nineties. And it also reminded me of high school which even though I am more than 25 years removed from it, I still recall very vividly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to this countdown

Be honest though. Is it really going to be worse than the actual list we did in 2012 where TDKR won?

5 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Cloud Atlas

Barbara

The Imposter

Dredd

ParaNorman

Damsels in Distress

The Grey

Killer Joe

Killing Them Softly

Oslo, August 31

Holy Motors

Also Mud is ineligible, wasn't released till April 2013.

I did not realise The Grey was 2012. This pleases me. Got a busy week ahead of me but I'll try squeeze a couple of these in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Give it time Ethan :) there were much better films in 2012 but overall the year was a yawn fest

yeah I don't really love 2012 but Perks is legit amazing. SLP is half of a great movie but then Cooper and Lawrence magically start fixing their problems and they turn into super boring ass characters.

• Like 1