Eric the IF

Weekend Box Office: Friday #s (DHD Pg 9) BB 6.78M, BATB 6.55M, Smurfs 4M, Going in Style 4.2M, GITS 2.1M, PR 1.6M, Kong 1.5M

25-26 would be a 48-50% drop for BB. A bit high for the genre - especially since SMURFS is under-performing.

(BATB dropped 48% in the 2nd weekend but that was coming off an insane OW)

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

25-26 would be a 48-50% drop for BB. A bit high for the genre - especially since SMURFS is under-performing.

Not all that surprising since BB has meh wom. It's not uncommon for animated movies w/poor reception to drop closer to 50% on 2nd weekend.

• Like 2

If BB and BATB have similar Friday's, which one will win Sat? I think BATB. BB is more in direct competition with Smurfs.

Even though Smurfs is putting small numbers, in a close race it could cause just enough damage to BB and help BATB seal the top spot on Sat and Sun.

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

That's the same drop Home in its second weekend against F7. Remember, it's dealing with both Smurfs and Beast.

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I just really wanna see some numbers from the more limited releases :( Gifted, Your Name, Their Finest, even Zookeeper's Wife

Agreed. I'm legit curious to see how well Gifted is doing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YourMother said:

That's the same drop Home in its second weekend against F7. Remember, it's dealing with both Smurfs and Beast.

The effect of Beast was already factored in last weekend. So % drop wise Beast shouldn't matter. Smurfs is somewhat of a competition but at smaller level.

I've never been completely alone in a theater.  The closest I got was way back in 1997 when my best friend and I (both 13) saw a matinee of Dante's Peak in like its fourth week of release.  It was just us and one other guy who showed up after the trailers started and needlessly sat like two seats away from us.  I've been in plenty of mostly empty theaters, but never solo.

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

neither is reliable. I'm not taking any numbers seriously until BOT Gods speak up, which will be later.

We need sacrifices. I nominate Gokira.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Didn't he already sacrifice himself for PR's stunning 40M opening? ;)

I don't know... Let's sacrifice (pulls out list), AABattery.

1 minute ago, Momo said:

Got to love Fridays. This forum so lively on Friday. Can't we just sacrifice both of them?

Not yet padawan. We are doing larger sacrifices for F8, GOTGV2, and Pirates weekend.

• Like 2