Eric Duncan

Weekend Box Office: Friday #s (DHD Pg 9) BB 6.78M, BATB 6.55M, Smurfs 4M, Going in Style 4.2M, GITS 2.1M, PR 1.6M, Kong 1.5M

34 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I used to like the smurfs cartoon as a kid but I agree that the liveaction-animation movies were meh which put off lots of people.

Plus, the competition is pretty strong atm.

It has similar target audience to both Beauty and Boss Baby which hold pretty strongly still.

The most disappointing part are OS numbers. Dom was never gonna be strong but I was expecting something north of $200m IS which is obv NOT happening.

I never really cared for the Smurfs. I was more of a Voltron and He-Man fan growing up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

You liked it?

Yes, it's surprisingly enjoyable! It drags a bit towards the end and doesn't have any huge laughs, but there's a nice emotional message and some great animation.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

TFW Boss Baby is better than half of the movies released in March

Image result for haha wtf gif

Oh, and like 10 people showed up before the movie started. No solo experience yet :sadben: 

Seeing it tonight.

What was the blowjob joke in it? :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Seeing it tonight.

What was the blowjob joke in it? :ph34r: 

Spoiler

The baby wants to show Tim a VR version of BabyCorp, so they must suck on pacifiers to get there. 

Spoiler

There's also a buttplug joke towards the start of the film :ohmygod: 

• Like 1

Just now, franfar said:

I only had one "solo" film experience. It was at a T4 showing in NYC, late in the morning at like 10. The only other person there was a family friend.

I saw Ghost Ship with just my girlfriend at the time and I saw the Robert Englund Phantom of the Opera on my own until 2 other people walked in right before it started.

I have had plenty of almost empty theaters though with 5 or less people total.

• Like 1

I had a solo experience with Warcraft.  i wanted to die.

I've had solo experiences for Pixels, Transcendence, Insidious 3 just off the top of my head.

I had a solo experience with Warcraft.  i wanted to die.

Which would suck, since no one would be around to stop you :P

1 minute ago, 75live said:

I saw Ghost Ship with just my girlfriend at the time and I saw the Robert Englund Phantom of the Opera on my own until 2 other people walked in right before it started.

I have had plenty of almost empty theaters though with 5 or less people total.

Yeah, when I go to the theater, sometimes it'll be for a movie that's been out for like 4-5 weeks, so the room is pretty empty

• Like 2

Just now, franfar said:

Which would suck, since no one would be around to stop you :P

Yeah, when I go to the theater, sometimes it'll be for a movie that's been out for like 4-5 weeks, so the room is pretty empty

Yeah I just had an empty theater except for me earlier this year.  Trying to remember the movie, but I almost felt bad that they had to use the bulb for just me, but hey I paid and didn't know it was just going to be me :P 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DAJK said:

For my survivor, a 4.6M Friday would be ideal for Smurfs and 3.6 for GIS. What are the odds of those happening?

Hope it does 4.6 on Friday.

The Nut Job did 4.8 OD and 19.4 OW.  If Smurfs does 4.6 on Friday, it means the True Friday is 4.225.

Using The Nut Job's multiplier and adding back the previews gives, 0.375 + (4.225/4.6*19.4) = 18.2 OW.

Even apart from the previews, there could be more front-loading thanks to Smurfs being a brand, so realistically the OW would end up closer to 17.

A multiplier of 3.3 with 17 OW would give it 56 Dom.