CJohn

John Carter OS thread: 209.7M total

Only one of the cinemas in my area is showing the 2D version. This hasn't happened for a LOOOOOONG time here for a tentpole. Even TRON: Legacy had 2D shows.

Is that a good or a bad sign??Or none of the above

I'd say it's a bad sign that one of the cinemas is forcing 3D upon you. I understabd when the distributor only release 3D like Underworld and Ghost Rider, but with the way audiences are reacting atm, they need at least one reasonable timed 2D show per day. Over the whole weekend there's one 2D show at this cinema, and it's for families with autistic children?!

I'd say it's a bad sign that one of the cinemas is forcing 3D upon you. I understabd when the distributor only release 3D like Underworld and Ghost Rider, but with the way audiences are reacting atm, they need at least one reasonable timed 2D show per day. Over the whole weekend there's one 2D show at this cinema, and it's for families with autistic children?!

Okey... Another bad sign..

Only one of the cinemas in my area is showing the 2D version.

Same here, the two theaters offer only 3D shows - in this case without being forced to (last year's Thor and Captain America were only distributed in 3D in Germany+Austria); they claim the market is too crowded at the moment. It's rather a discomfort because after Thor I swore never ever again to pay for converted 3D; I hope they put in 2D shows later in its run or else I have to wait for the BluRay. Presales here (opens in 8 hours) are virtually non-existant - let's see how the evening plays out but awareness is also low. Haywire (opens here tomorrow) got more press coverage ...