grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

The fact that WW is still #1 on MT with 30% bodes very well for its hold this weekend.

All Eyez is still poised to outperform expectations imo. I think it can match or top Notorious's adjusted 24M OW. Not really feeling the 30+ I was thinking a couple weeks ago but I'm expecting a big Friday gross with a weekend total close to 30.

Cars 3 - 5 showings

3 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 100 sold, 3 sold, 1 sold

2 Normal - 110 seats - 9 sold, 0 sold

All Eyez on Me - 2 showings

2 Normal - 110 seats - 38 sold, 19 sold

47 Meters Down - 4 showings

4 Normal - 78 seats - 19 sold, 11 sold, 0 sold, 0 sold

Rough Night - 5 showings

2 Super Screen - 134 seats - 13 sold, 0 sold

3 Normal - 110 seats - 2 sold, 1 sold, 0 sold

• Like 2

All Eyez On Me is selling like crazy in my area for the weekend. 

Cars 3 is looking pretty solid too. 

Rough Night and 47 Meters Down would be DOA if the theaters in my area are of any indication. 

• Like 1

North Shore Cinema Report 6/15/17 (Tomorrow's showing)

Guardians of The Galaxy Volume 2 (after 6 weeks) and Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales (after 2 weeks) leaves

- All showings have recliners now at the cost of 3D being a rarity. 

Cars 3 - 11 Showings - (4 USCN/7 2D)

Wonder Woman - 8 showings - (1 USCN (-2)/7 2D (+2))

Rough Night - 7 showings - (7 2D)

The Mummy - 7 showings (7 2D (+1))

Captain Underpants - 7 showings (7 2D (+2))

All Eyez on Me - 4 showings

Megan Leavey - 3 showings (3 2D (-1))

My Cousin Rachael - 2 showings (2 2D (-1))

• Like 1

Guys I've heard it all. Apparently Disney paid the critics to give Cars 3 good reviews AND to give the other wide releases negative reviews just so Cars 3 can be the best reviewed wide release of the weekend. But let's ignore the fact that All Eyez On Me's own studio didn't give it screenings, 47 Meters Down was a straight to home video release and that Rough Night is a comedy which are always hit or miss. But yea Disney has all the critics on the payroll. That evil empire even has them critics giving the other films negative reviews now too

:wintf:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Guys I've heard it all. Apparently Disney paid the critics to give Cars 3 good reviews AND to give the other wide releases negative reviews just so Cars 3 can be the best reviewed wide release of the weekend. But let's ignore the fact that All Eyez On Me's own studio didn't give it screenings, 47 Meters Down was a straight to home video release and that Rough Night is a comedy which are always hit or miss. But yea Disney has all the critics on the payroll. That evil empire even has them critics giving the other films negative reviews now too

Sadly, the checks didn't go through with Wonder Woman.  Wanted to avoid all competition possible for Guardians 2.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

No one actually said that...right?

• Like 1

PLF report for Orlando:

AMC Altamonte: IMAX is Cars, Dolby is WW

AMC Disney Springs: ETX is Cars

AMC Universal: IMAX is The Mummy

Regal Pointe Orlando: IMAX is The Mummy, 4DX is Cars

Regal Waterford Lakes: IMAX is Cars

Regal Winter Park: RPX is Cars

Regal Loop: RPX is Cars

Cinemark Artegon: XD is Cars during the day and WW at night

Epic Lee Vista: One XL screen is WW and the other is Cars during the day and All Eyez at night

• Like 1

MT

1. Cars 3 - 27%

2. WW - 26.9%

3. All Eyez on Me - 13.5%

4. CU - 5.5%

5. The Mummy - 4.6%

The Mummy is gonna be in for an epic drop this weekend. Lucky it'll get a Father's Day boost. Although, that may just mean two 60%+ drops two weeks in a row.