grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Just now, dmatrixfilmdx said:

I appreciate your philosophies against suicide prevention.  You will probably make a good voice to individuals in help for years to come.  

You don't need to give me a suicide briefing.  But i am one of them who is very very sensitive though, and the sensitivity triggers a heart condition which hurts for days.  I am sure this heart condition is what a lot of the victims have.  So always be on the lookout for the super sensitive.

I think you mean 'philosophies FOR suicide prevention', but that doesn't matter. Appreciate your kind words, and I hope you really put thinking in my advices back. I really want you to see that there is absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose when you make such a grim choice. Even when you think there is nothing to lose, there is always something - more often than not everything - to lose.

I can see that you seem to have schizophrenia symptoms. Never let go of medication as it is probably one of your most important help resorts. Don't ever listen to whatever goes on your head. Don't pay attention to any disturbing thoughts or delusions, write them off as hurdles for you to jump over and then laugh in their face after you did that. And as for your heart condition, as someone who struggles with anxiety myself, my immediate advice is take deep breaths for a solid minute and always think of things that bring you pleasure and joy (there have to be such things, don't even try telling me nothing does that for you). And of course, talk to someone who can help you, explain your problems, and they can help put all of the darkness in your head away.

I will always try to help whatever and whenever I can. If my help did work on you (I hope it did), my point is proved that the dangerous crisis you were going through was only a temporary problem, to which you wanted to answer with a permanent, dark, helpless and hopeless solution. Take my words into account everytime that you are going through something or know someone who is :) (And like I said many, many times now, reach for someone as that may very well be your biggest way of solving everything.)

• Like 3

Just now, dmatrixfilmdx said:

I'm sure this thread is on track for another movie production.

All you have to do is pretend like nothing happened, and gag me up, do a 51/50, make $$, and medicate me from talking.

• Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, dmatrixfilmdx said:

would you happen to know why I made it to the movies?  or are you gagged from talking about this.

I do not have a direct answer as to why your life made it into the movies but I can give you a general idea of how people get inspiration for movies: Life. 99% of the time, the movies we watch come from people who get their ideas from their own personal experience or from the people that they know. Those people then take those life ideas and build them up into either smaller films, mid budget films or big blockbusters. And it doesnt even have to be a play by play of someone's life. It could literally be the smallest of things that happens in one of these people's lives (or someone that they know) and they can create a movie out of it. 

So in short, your life made it into a movie because the majority of movies are actually based on life. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dmatrixfilmdx said:

you could help by giving me the $1 billion dollar answer for free so I can recover from the truth and move away and build a peaceful life for myself.

The 1 billion dollar answer to what question? Why did they did what they did? Like I said, I can't tell that for sure because I am not one of 'them', nor do I know any of 'them'. I can, however, tell you that there a lot of films who are inspired by real life people or real life situations. That happens a lot, and sometimes, they show stuff that can come across as triggering to really put the entire audience through the same pain that the characters on-screen have (obviously it's not comparable, but in movies, you always suspend your disbelief and try to involve yourself in the emotions that are being shown, especially in scenarios where it's a real life story being told). I wouldn't believe that they showed the character you describe as "the retard who gets teased about a dead girl in movies" to tease that character themselves anyway, but rather by raising sympathy towards that character (and by proxy, a possible real life influence for that character) instead. But regardless, if you have evidence that the people knew they were taking cues from your chronicles of your life and took zero permission to basically show that life to everyone, you could sue them and make them pay for it.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm taking a look at showtimes for tomorrow because I'll probably see something, and all three of the new releases are looking VERY strong (even Alpha!). Will have comps later

Might be the AMC effect:)...

My Cinemark tonight - I missed the 5pm Alpha in the 60 seater, but for now, it's next two shows are at 0 sales (not a misprint - and the 7:30pm is in an hour)...Mile 22 is at 4 seats total sold for its 2 shows in a 60 seater...those are pretty dang poor for new openers:)...

Gonna see if I can add the Regal sales to this post...

Alpha got 2 screens for tonight (WTH?) and has sold 23 seats for 4 showings...Mile 22 has a single screen and 2 showings and has sold 56 seats...

Damn, did Regal run a special b/c this is crazily different performances for 2 opening movies, and while these theaters sometimes diverge, they don't usually diverge this much...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenedictL11 said:

I'm hoping CRA is looking strong!!

It's looking the weakest of the three, but I wouldn't worry too much. It's been performing weirdly at my theater; today was MUCH busier than yesterday

Edited by WrathOfHan

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's looking the weakest of the three, but I wouldn't worry too much. It's been performing weirdly at my theater; today was MUCH busier than yesterday

I’m hoping for great numbers when you post comps.

Edited by BenedictL11

Mile 22: 30/78

Comps:

75% of American Made (12.6M)

95% of 12 Strong (15M)

105% of Den of Thieves (16M)

105% of Sicario 2 (20M)

115% of The Commuter (15.8M)

120% of Death Wish (15.6M)

This is basically opening between 15-16M unless audiences reject it immediately (which they could based on reviews).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dmatrixfilmdx said:

yeah but if I act like a spoiled son of a bitch who demands to know what happened to her, billionaires might use my attitude to teach the world a social lesson through the funding of film.  Since we are not discussing this in person, and since I don't talk, just put the answers on the big screen and assume I will watch.

Does the history of film explain why each year each actor takes on a similar role with a similar theme.  Like Leo Dicap did Inception and Shutter Island the same year.  then Wolf and Gatsby one year.  But like in 2008, it seems a lot of the movies are very similar in the reflection of society.  Like there was a big NFL draft all gearing for 3 ideas to cover for a year with 300 films.  But what spikes the story for that time frame?  What if the story is real?  Do you have to play a game of population #s by saying 1/1,000,000 = 310 in America?  

*and then a group of people maintain creative control over this.

....sorry, but I didn't understand what point where you trying to convey (outside of your 1st line). I don't know what kind of answers do you want me or anyone in this forum specifically to give you (the ones you seem to be looking for aren't even answers anyone except people who are not in this forum - in all likeliness - can respond; rather, they're answers that only the ones who did this to you hold, and you have to muster the strength to confront them), therefore, the one and true thing I can say to help remains: whatever problems and demons haunt you are things that, in due time, you can respond to and possibly humilliate in front of the whole world, but until then, take good care of yourself and talk to a professional (like a psychologist, a psychiatrist or a hotline counselor). No self-harming or suicidal nonsense in the world can bring anything beyond making it all worse, because you will never get whatever answers you're looking for when you're dead or hurting yourself (and others, as consequence).

Now, box office and (other) movies seem to be something that calms you down and allows you to have fun, so maybe we should go back to talking about that - which is what this thread is meant to be used - cause maybe that will relieve your bad thoughts for a while.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Mile 22: 30/78

Comps:

75% of American Made (12.6M)

95% of 12 Strong (15M)

105% of Den of Thieves (16M)

105% of Sicario 2 (20M)

115% of The Commuter (15.8M)

120% of Death Wish (15.6M)

This is basically opening between 15-16M unless audiences reject it immediately (which they could based on reviews).

It did very weak at my theater tonight (both the 7:00 in XD and the 7:40 each had less than 50 people in them). Wouldn't be surprised if it settles on a low-teens opening.