grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

No Way Home Megaplex

T-17 days Thursday(90 showings): 6613/25602 in 14 theaters

T-18 days Friday(120 showings): 2872/33296 in 14 theaters

T-19 days Saturday(129 showings): 834/36246 in 15 theaters

T-20 days Sunday(122 showings): 159/35375 in 13 theaters

Obviously a great start, especially with all the problems that it had for a while.

Edited by Inceptionzq
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

T-17 days Thursday(217 showings): 6906/29030

32 per show, it’s a flop 😔 

9 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

T-18 days Thursday(90 showings): 6613/25602 in 14 theaters

73 per show, great googly moogly  

I suspect that one of these t- counts is off by one 😛 

Edited by Eternal Legion
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Wait day 1 of tracking will be tomorrow right? It literally started 00:00.

I just go by the day I counted for the T-X counts, so early early Monday. But the T-X days don't really matter for the first few days since I just compare it by X hours/days of presales for the first few days

Got all of @Eric Madrigal screen numbers (sent it to him a bit ago via PM)! 👍

Got all of mine as well just now. 👍  I'll make my seat maps in the morning, as it's getting late here on the Left Coast.  Still waiting on one last theater to show up, but hopefully it'll be up in the morning.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

Just now, Porthos said:

Got all of @Eric Madrigal screen numbers! 👍

Got all of mine as well. 👍  I'll make my seat maps in the morning, as it's getting late here on the Left Coast.

I thought of making Harkins capacity check, turns out each show taking 5 mins to just open, I will probably do tomorrow.

• Like 1

I have one issue. @Porthos you ever face this?

So as I mentioned earlier, Harkins block seat in every show which aren't sold online. I never had any sold out show, so I had always assume that the blocked seat remain unsold. Should I continue assuming that for what looks like sold out show online?

e.g. One show I have has 427 capacity and 36 are blocked. 391 are probably sold online, I have no way of knowing whether 36 will be sold or not. I am leaning toward counting 391 than 427.

So I have my first count of Harkins. (5 hours of sales roughly)

Cine 1 - 3894/7227 (3 Sellouts)

IMAX - 740/1335

Cine Capri - 458/2673

Total - 5,092/11,235 on 33 shows

There are roughly 260+ standard shows. I will begin counting them now, basically putting capacity for now.

Anyways, PLFs are over Black Widow final count comfortably, the biggest seller I have here. 

Usually PLFs are more than 50% of total sales for whole chain, so probably around 8-9K sold in the chain so far, but could be 10k as well, as normal showings are strong. Mountain Grove I checked had 750 sold in Standard. Cerritos would be over/under 1k as well. So let's see.

Shang Chi had 13,171 final admits, let's see if it can take over that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

I'll make my seat maps in the morning, as it's getting late here on the Left Coast.  

6PlRXhI.gif

*****EXTREMELY***** QUICK AND DIRTY PERHAPS ERROR PRONE, RIDE-THE-WAVE SEAT COUNT FOR THE GREATER SACRAMENTO AREA

6515/20399 (31.94% sold)

This is without the True IMAX theater which didn't switch on its tickets yet, or one last Cinema West location.

OBVIOUS CAVEAT IS OBVIOUS:::::  

With all of the errors that sites were reporting, it is possible that some of these sales are phantom sales/bugs in the system.

On the other hand, if this is legit, it's ALREADY at 84.48% of Let There Be Carnage's FINAL NUMBER and 70.85% of Black Widow's FINAL NUMBER locally.

Yeah.  Might see why that could cause a few crashes. 👍

(and with that, I truly am Peaceing Out now)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 2

On 10/22/2019 at 11:38 AM, Porthos said:

The Rise of Skywalker T-59

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

41.56%

Almost there. Let's see if day people have it in them to reach here. Though granted you are tracking more theaters now I suppose. @Porthos

Edited by charlie Jatinder

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Almost there. Let's see if day people have it in them to reach here. Though granted you are tracking more theaters now I suppose. @Porthos

Yes, more/different theaters now, though as I said, also no TrueIMAX yet. which is gonna sell a TON of tickets (even though it has the single screen).

Really, thanks to Century Roseville becoming Cinemark Roseville, any pre-2020 comps are hella shaky simply until I get a handle on how much of a difference it is making, if any.

But, yes, really shouldn't use any of my pre-2020 comps at all, sadly.

*sent as I am relaxing and headed to the land of Nod*

(I'll respond to your other post in the morn)