grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

7 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Gotta give enough time for the bribes to be processed :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I think negotiations this time around are over passes to soon-to-be-opened Galaxy's Edge.

From what I hear, critics are angling for Daily Passes six times a year.  Disney is countering with offering them a few of these:

n4R7y62.jpg

redeemable in line

(one per person)

((twice per year))

We'll know by tomorrow just how successful the negotations really were. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I think negotiations this time around are over passes to soon-to-be-opened Galaxy's Edge.

From what I hear, critics are angling for Daily Passes six times a year.  Disney is countering with offering them a few of these:

n4R7y62.jpg

redeemable in line

(one per person)

((twice per year))

We'll know by tomorrow just how successful the negotations really were. :ph34r:

I'd take that deal. 

Also 6 times a year... So Captain Marvel, Dumbo, Aladdin, Toy Story 4, Artemis Fowl and Star Wars IX will also receive glowing reviews then?

(I'm banking of TLK, F2 and Endgame getting it anyway)

Edited by feasby007
Fixed the quote, Porthos seems to want to edit it every 30 seconds....
  • Like 1

Did my best to look up some of the MT percentages for other major comic book releases. Unfortunately the data is pretty incomplete pre May 2017, but maybe a mod can access the only tracking thread if they have the time? I'd like to see the percentages for Guardians 2 and Civil War, in particular. Anyway:

Deadpool: 48% on Tuesday morning. (previous weekend top 10 gross was $82,020,091)

Batman v Superman: 52% on final Monday update ($118,044,978)

Thor: Ragnarok: 29.4% on final Monday update ($61,331,520)

Black Panther: 41.2% on final Monday update ($119,402,250)

Venom: 13.0% on final Monday update ($94,640,819). Note: this is only one that also had a major opener to deal with, A Star is Born was 9.9% at the same time.

Captain Marvel is currently at 27.8% with 4 more updates to go, so will probably get close to or slightly over 40%. For reference, the top 10 this past weekend was $94,342,162. I don't really know how useless these figures will be, but it's interesting to me to see a few things, like how presales heavy DC were (still are?) compared to Marvel films.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

I'd take that deal. 

Also 6 times a year... So Captain Marvel, Dumbo, Aladdin, Toy Story 4, Artemis Fowl and Star Wars IX will also receive glowing reviews then?

(I'm banking of TLK, F2 and Endgame getting it anyway)

Aladdin is in the Memorial Day Weekend Death Slot though.

I reckon it's Disney's annual sacrifice to The Elder Gods of the Box Office that keeps the rest of its lineup secure. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Aladdin is in the Memorial Day Weekend Death Slot though.

I reckon it's Disney's annual sacrifice to The Elder Gods of the Box Office that keeps the rest of its lineup secure. 

I can hear the critics chanting now:

"Give us a sacrifice! Or Endgame get's it!"

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

A troll using an alt who refuses to look at and accept facts. Has been praying for this movie to underperform on here and reddit.

That's not Shivampa, FWIW.  Or if it is, he was playing a very long game. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That's not Shivampa, FWIW.  Or if it is, he was playing a very long game. ;)

Oh whoops, I misread the date. I thought it said account created Feb 20th 2019, which lines up with Shivampa's hiatus from 21st Feb until a few hours ago. Instead it's 2018. 

Anyway still trolling since nobody, looking at all the facts provided here, can reasonably say under 100m is a possibility. If this goes under 100m, then something went very wrong.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Oh whoops, I misread the date. I thought it said account created Feb 20th 2019, which lines up with Shivampa's hiatus from 21st Feb until a few hours ago. Instead it's 2018. 

Anyway still trolling since nobody, looking at all the facts provided here, can reasonably say under 100m is a possibility. If this goes under 100m, then something went very wrong.

Very odd poster. Looking at his post history, his entire schtick is wishing for tentpoles to flop. 

• Sad 1

Captain Marvel now tracking to a 125-135 OW. 
"The female-led Marvel film is expected to haul in $125 million to $135 million during its opening weekend in the U.S., according to David Miller, analyst at Imperial Capital, and could take in as much as $720 million during its global run."

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/04/us-box-office-has-lowest-february-sales-in-17-years.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar

• Like 1

The female-led Marvel film is expected to haul in $125 million to $135 million during its opening weekend in the U.S., according to David Miller, analyst at Imperial Capital, and could take in as much as $720 million during its global run.

More likely to hit $720 million OS than just $720 million WW. :thinking:

Edited by KP1025
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

It looks like CM will finish above 25k on Fandango today. Only IW has achieved that in the last year (by a large margin to be fair).

I smell a 2 0 0.

BP did this too on the same Monday (first time it passed 20k):

Mon 12/02/2018 - 35429

Tue 13/02/2018 - 36302

Wed 14/02/2018 - 39934

Thu 15/02/2018 - 65453

Still, that 25k is fantastic and with reviews out tomorrow, perhaps it can even hit 30k :ohmygod:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1