kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I read a lot of reactions saying the movie is similar to the 1st, i think this will help a lot with GP.

Unless it gets the Covenant "too similar to the franchise standard" treatment, but agree it still has more potential than TF5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

yes and yes. China version is edited by about five minutes though lol 

When is it getting released?

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

Also, this weekend shows how dead comedy is in Hollywood now. Really expecting Baywatch to underperform too by now.

It's bad comedy that's doing poorly. If Baywatch were to get a 21JS style reception, it would do really well.

Just now, franfar said:

It's bad comedy that's doing poorly. If Baywatch were to get a 21JS style reception, it would do really well.

Quality can not be extrapolated from BO, especially when EVERY comedy is bombing. I hated 21 Jump Street but it still did well and came out in a time when some comedies still "worked" at the box office. Now none are. Most likely "regular" comedy is not appointment viewing when tickets cost 10 bucks and you can entertain yourself with better comedies made decades ago readily available on streaming.

Kind of meh for alien.  

Good run so far for Guardians. Unless WW really breaks out I think it can still make top 5 for the year.

As for next weekend I still think Pirates can eek past 200 million, not the weekend of course

Edited by DAR

15 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

These predictions that you're talking about I made BEFORE the release not AFTER the previews number came out. There's a huge difference. Alien: Covenant is a sequel of a movie that has an enormous fanbase, and it had previews starting at 8PM, and the movie doesn't seemed like it was having good WOM. It was obvious that it was going to be front-loaded on previews.

Apart of this, I was right on my GOTG2 prediction, I don't know where you saw me being a troll:

~270m from current markets (I'm being optimistic)

~110m from China

~40m Japan + SK

~25m Russia

~35m others small markets

~= $480m

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23798-guardians-of-the-galaxy-ii-3838 m-overseas-●-6506-m-worldwide/?do=findComment&comment=2979399

I saw a lot of people here making realistic predictions based on comparisons after Aliens' previews numbers came out, but they didn't have not even 1/4 of the likes of what he had. Why???

Are you gonna tell to people where are they going to give their likes to?

Empirecity is a member that has offered a lot to the BOT community, more than most people here have.

Respect is gained and with your actions you are clearly not in the right direction if that's your goal.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Imagine where King Arthur is having good results :ph34r:

Of fucking course. When I saw the trailer for it while in the theater for Guardians 2, I was like: "That motherfucking movie could bomb EVERYWHERE but it's gonna do great in Portugal". I was right.

It's like, for every Benfica Tetra and for every Eurovision win, we get a Transporter Refueled #1 of the weekend or something like this. Fuck this country's cinema tastes.

(Except when it comes to Life :ph34r:)

• Like 2

Wow I just woke and I was groggy because I didnt sleep too well, but after I saw that number I got slapped wide awake.

Covenant wasnt good to me, but it wasnt awful either. I was honestly rooting for Fox but it is what it is. $100m is out now it seems.

This will probably be the most extensively marketed movie of the year that fails to hit $100m. Fox really had confidence. 

8 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Are you gonna tell to people where are they going to give their likes to?

Empirecity is a member that has offered a lot to the BOT community, more than most people here have.

Respect is gained and with your actions you are clearly not in the right direction if that's your goal.

I don't remember many of his contributions. Maybe some last year, I don't know. I just remember RTH's contributions.

I'm not disrespecting anyone. I just wonder why this forum looks so elitist, it not even makes sense this time.

13 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Are people seriously begging for likes?

Yeah, can you believe those people!  Begging for likes, how silly of them...

:ph34r: 

• Like 1