Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Baywatch is a disaster in India. Will open to less than half of Wonder Woman despite a much wider release, a huge marketing campaign and PC promoting it everywhere. WW had no marketing, an only English language release and about half the screens.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I was talking about domestic. DP is an outlier. And dofp doing that much is impressive for a x men film but comparing to other superheroes it seems low. I think the freshness in each sequel that interconnected franchises get is missing from x men. If new mutants is successful they should use them and dp more in main films.

Also they should do something with f4.

What about X-force?

Deadpool, X-23, Cable, etc on an R-rated black ops team has huge potential.

GotG2 WW numbers are possible with that one. Maybe more.

• Like 2

Just now, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Gotham City Sirens should open on March 8 2019.It's the International Women's Day on that friday so this film should be a great film for them to see.

Captain Marvel opens March 8 2019.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Gotham City Sirens should open on March 8 2019.It's the International Women's Day on that friday so this film should be a great film for them to see.

*insert Deadpool joke*

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I heard rumors that they're eyeing for Valentine's Day 2019 (which already has a Fox/Marvel release slated, Bride of Frankenstein, and Rebel Wilson's Isn't It Romantic).

Just now, That Covfefe Guy said:

I heard rumors that they're eyeing for Valentine's Day 2019 (which already has a Fox/Marvel release slated, Bride of Frankenstein, and Rebel Wilson's Isn't It Romantic).

Also The Lego Movie Sequel opens the week before too.

Even though Wondy's Friday opening of $38.85M is line with projections that it'll earn ~$100M in its first weekend, I'm personally a bit disappointed because I was hoping that it would defy said projections and instead earn $150M in its first weekend. I thought that its positive critical reception coupled with its niche nature as a superhero film with a female lead would attract multitudes of women, even those who don't normally watch CBMs, and thus cause it to skyrocket way above predicted numbers. However, I still have hope that its positive critical reception and word of mouth will cause it to have good legs and drop at no more than 50% per weekend. 

Edited by BluRayHiDef

5 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I turned off notifications for likes a long time ago. 

Ooooh look, I'm Tele, I get so many likes I had to turn off notifications!

• Like 10