Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think they're jusy waiting to see how good/bad is JL gonna be reviewed by critics and fans.

Aquaman is already filming, but that's the last DCEU movie that is being filmed. 

They can even focus on WW for JL's marketing. Something like: "If you loved Wonder Woman, don't forget she's in JL too". She'll definitely be focused. 

Good news on Aquaman is, unlike Suicide Squad, it's being filmed with the course correction already being implemented. Kind of surprised, pleasantly, that Wonder Woman was able to do it since that was in production well before BvS was released.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

I can see a deflated OW for JL ($155M-$160M) but a strong 5 Day ($100M-$110M)

After the good will for WW and the positive reactions the crowds are giving JL when the trailer plays before it , I think anyone with doubts really should lighten up a bit.

170 for JL isn't anyway Impossible for it to reach.

We know WB is gonna pour so much money into its marking campaign and Advertise the film as a family event.

However your prediction is also awesome in every way ,I wouldn't be upset if JL opens to 150mil and have an insane 5 days(which is gonna happen) and going into its second weekend at 260mil.

The second weekend will most likely put the film over 320 domestic with a 425-440 finish.There will even be a chance for 500dom if it can make my 185prediction comes true.

• Like 1

Think a lot of people are underpredicting JL but at the same time some are overpredicting it. $400M while not a lock has a stronger possibility but $450M domestic might be a stretch.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Wonder Woman outgrossed Elektra and Supergirl combined in one day. Imagine if WOM took its first Saturday over Catwoman's domestic total? 

Edited by eddyxx

6 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

There will be tracking by Deadline or variety today?

There won't be tracking but we'll get numbers from DHD late tonight (probably around 12 hours from now). We might get an update from Rth a little earlier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

After the good will for WW and the positive reactions the crowds are giving JL when the trailer plays before it , I think anyone with doubts really should lighten up a bit.

170 for JL isn't anyway Impossible for it to reach.

We know WB is gonna pour so much money into its marking campaign and Advertise the film as a family event.

However your prediction is also awesome in every way ,I wouldn't be upset if JL opens to 150mil and have an insane 5 days(which is gonna happen) and going into its second weekend at 260mil.

The second weekend will most likely put the film over 320 domestic with a 425-440 finish.There will even be a chance for 500dom if it can make my 185prediction comes true.

Although WW is loved by both the GA and critics I feel some of the GA may be skeptical OW after being burned by BVS and depending on how strong Rangarok is (either a going to be a $85M/$220M grosser or a $130M/$300M grosser) but with decent reviews I can see a very strong 5 Day for JL despite Coco which will still do solid.

$155M/$405M is what I'm predicting for JL.

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Wonde Woman outgrossed Elektra and Supergirl combined in one day. Imagine if WOM took its first Saturday over Catwoman's domestic total? 

Also for comparison's sake since I love comparing this film to Spider-Man, SM grossed 39m on opening day and then 43m on its first Saturday.