Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

• Community Manager
Just now, ACSlater said:

CW probably required the Cap movies (being a sequal it makes sense) and Age of Ultron...hardly all of them...

I like the universe building and payoff of sticking it through especially when Marvel has done such a fantastic job of it...unlike like the morons at DC (sans WW ofcourse)....

I'm so invested in the MCU, I watched Iron Fist. <_<

3 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

When DC gets to the same point of sticking dozens of their superheroes in the same movie, I'll feel the same way. ?

So I take it you will hate Justice League. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DAR said:

Why don't we just say it's a terrific opening and leave it at that

Because the message board will have well one message. Do not expect any of this to have any purpose or anything useful come from people talking about Box office (or baseball stats).

12 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The DCEU started much later the MCU, not to mention that the DCEU unsurprisingly started out with their big guns right off the bat. When the MCU started CBM's weren't doing so hot overseas for example. They're comparable but the situations are a bit different. 

This and the MCU is not automatically growing, there is a chance that nothing will beat Avengers and no solo movie will beat Iron Man 3, etc....

A franchise being young, is not usually bad for it's box office (no Potter really did beat the first Potter, usually the first Star wars is the biggest of it's bunch) it is special case when you do not go down.

Just now, Barnack said:

This and the MCU is not automatically growing, there is a chance that nothing will beat Avengers and no solo movie will beat Iron Man 3, etc....

I think you mean guarantee. Unless for the latter Black Panther is crazy good and March sucks, for domestic at least.

33 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Did people not go to the movie? What's dumb is pretending like it didn't happen like what CJohn Tele and whoever else wants to make that argument. 

Whats with the salt today?

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm so invested in the MCU, I watched Iron Fist. <_<

Hah...I watched it and it wasn't that bad...I will say they f*cked up the fight scenes pretty bad...Into The Badlands shows a good brutal martial arts fight scenes...

Hope they fix it for the Defenders...I really want the Punisher to show up it in...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I agree, it probably manages to clear it with a big opening even with stubby frontloaded legs. 

I agree with the hectogenarian.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I would estimate maybe 25% of the Wal-Mart tickets actually had bodies in the seats.  Many theaters were upset that they had prime spots taken up for the promotion and 1/4 full theaters killing their ancillary sales.  

People have been trying to explain him that but he doesn't understand and just calls everyone else dumb instead.

14 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

No way.  It is going to be enough of a spectacle that it will get over $400m.  

Civil War got over $400m and it didn't have a good portion of the Avengers.  

Infinity War is going to be a curiosity watch even if you haven't completely kept up.  The Avengers including Ant-Man and Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy showing up, Doctor Strange, etc....

Probably this, they are at a point that they are bringing a lot of people and spending a giant fortune for it not to decline from Ultron, that it should work outside a bad movie scenario. Guardian brought a bit of a different audience (massive difference adult vs kids proportion on those first OW) to the MCU, maybe black panther will do to, those case of a different audience can bring new people in to those team up movie.

Same (I imagine much more so) for WW with the Justice league.

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Do it.

250M for an Aquaman movie being what is expected of it is incredible when you really think about it. How many people would have laughed hard at the thought just 15 years ago? Heck, even 10 years ago.

It might even do over 300M depending on how he's received in Justice League, incredible.

Why 10 years? People would have laughed 4 years before this. But khal drago as aquaman, that's badass in any situation. And as for doing 250, superhero zonera is superstrong.

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Hah...I watched it and it wasn't that bad...I will say they f*cked up the fight scenes pretty bad...Into The Badlands shows a good brutal martial arts fight scenes...

Hope they fix it for the Defenders...I really want the Punisher to show up it in...

Nah, it was pretty bad. There were some good scenes and bits there and now but Danny Rand was just the worst, Iron Fists' Ward sucked, and the main plot involved the most boring organization, the Hand. If it comes back, hopefully it improves like Agents of SHIELD.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

So I take it you will hate Justice League. 

I might! :lol: But that's still more in line with something like AVENGERS 1 (which I liked). Double the amount of heroes and I'll probably tune out. Not my tempo.