Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, God Emperor Tele said:

I might! :lol: But that's still more in line with something like AVENGERS 1 (which I liked). Double the amount of heroes and I'll probably tune out. Not my tempo. 

Didn't you hate A1 originally?

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I think you mean guarantee. Unless for the latter Black Panther is crazy good and March sucks, for domestic at least.

Well China/India could start to grow like crazy, US dollar could lose 20% and some Avengers sequels could beat Avengers unadjusted one day and one solo SpiderMan Mcu could beat Iron man 3, open future projection bring lot of unknown.

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm a DC fan too.

4.01-I-am-the-green-arrow.gif

I'm even sticking with The Flash!

This was the worst Flash season yet...saw the twist coming from a mile away...

I swear when at the end when Catilyn said she was something else...I was like I know, you are the green arrow...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, YourMother said:

One having to know 6-8 films ahead of time.

This is stupid then why even go see a film you have no ideal as to what is going on??

Civil war got the same crowd as both previous Avengers movies it was just underwhelming.

When a MCU film doesn't blow it up all kinds of excuses comes up.

You can't just make the rules up as you go.

If the legs for BVS is justified by it being a bad movie then the legs for CW is justified for it being a mediocre film.

10 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Do it.

250M for an Aquaman movie being what is expected of it is incredible when you really think about it. How many people would have laughed hard at the thought just 15 years ago? Heck, even 10 years ago.

We have a good clue to that answer, with the fact that Aquaman was the superheroes movie used in the Entourage universe (they choose that one thinking that it would never exist), they even needed to use James Cameron has the director to bring some credibility to the fact that it had an over SpiderMan first weekend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Imagine a scenario if for Summer 2018, Incredibles 2 beats Infinity War, Han Solo and Jurassic World 2 domestically.

Not much shocking when dory did more than age of ultron. Drop for jw 2 will be exciting to watch and gods lord and miller's, muaahhhh, han solo will do good. Only thing hurting it is it's release date.

4 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

This is true though. ;)

In my mind, mos last fight b/w zod and superman does not exist and it is a perfect 10/10 movie.

I liked bvs uc. Doesn't think about it much.

• Community Manager
Just now, MrGamer2558 said:

Man, I can't wait to talk about how great Wonder Woman did this weekend!

Hey guys--

tenor.gif

.....Oh.

The thread's actually not bad right now so FAIL.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have no idea what these Walmart tickets were or whatever but I was always under the impression that MoS opened to $116M and that's the number I see on the majority of box office websites. 

But I guess if we are trying to twist things to fit our narrative we could go with another number. That is usually how it goes around here. 

It's NOT about twisting anything. The movie had $12m of preview money paid for by Wal-Mart to Warner. This money was reported as a Thursday gross and not included in the weekend total. 

Thursday - $12m

FSS - $116.6m

Total after Sunday = $128.6m

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=superman2012.htm

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 2

• Community Manager
Just now, GiantCALBears said:

People seem to want to comment on how much a thread is derailed as much as the thread actually being derailed lol. 

people just want the free likes even if the thread is fine. tsk tsk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

This is stupid then why even go see a film you have no ideal as to what is going on??

Civil war got the same crowd as both previous Avengers movies it was just underwhelming.

When a MCU film doesn't blow it up all kinds of excuses comes up.

You can't just make the rules up as you go.

If the legs for BVS is justified by it being a bad movie then the legs for CW is justified for it being a mediocre film.

I actually think amongst the majority of the GA, outside of fanboys thought CW was mediocre. There were a lot of people who saw CW because they were curious about certain factors like Spider-Man and Blacl Panther or seeing Iron Man and Captain America fight. I think CW also had mediocre results box office wise, it should've outgrossed IM3. I think SS and MOS (minus Walmart) had decent multiples. BVS had a multiplier under 2x domestic with a $166M OW with a record second weekend drop. That's bad WOM. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I might! :lol: But that's still more in line with something like AVENGERS 1 (which I liked). Double the amount of heroes and I'll probably tune out. Not my tempo. 

Wuss. I want the whole orgasmic experience of all superhero's being shown against Thanos and/or Darkseid.

If the danger is big enough, then they will all come out of the wood work. SS was assisine for that reason alone. All that shift going down and WW or Batman don't come? Bollocks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

people just want the free likes even if the thread is fine. tsk tsk.

Derail the thread with comments about derailing the thread. Insidious!

• Like 2