baumer

Wonder Woman 11.7M Monday ERC pg 3

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

We hosted a Boffies together one time.

Now we're frenemies. Over the Great Wall?

Time heals all wounds

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Pink hosting a BOFFIES?  Glad I missed it.  I could feel my lunch rising out of my throat at the thought of such a thing.

We even had Anne Hathaway and James Franco avatars to go with our shit hosting :sparta:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You haven't seen much this year :lol: 

THATS WHY IM KEEPING A LIST. I WONT DO MU END OF YEAR LIST UNTIL IVE SEEN ALL OF THEM.

DONT CARE IF IT TAKES ME TILL IM TELE'S AGE

Just now, That One Guy said:

Honestly we should get Ethan and Han to host this year.  It'd be a clusterfuck, but it'd be an amazing clusterfuck.

If they'd be willing to sink the time to make something fun.

We got asked like 24 hours before and we just whiffed and announced the winners essentially

• Like 1

Okay back to Wonder Woman.....since it's so so so great are you guys gonna back an Oscar Campaign for Best Picture for it. 

Because all this talk and I better see you guys come December/January trying to get the Oscar hype machine up for it. 

:redcapes:

I hope "Wonder Woman" gets a BP Oscar nod. But I doubt it. If "TDK" couldn't get it, I doubt any superhero film is gonna get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, brian.jensen.507464 said:

I hope "Wonder Woman" gets a BP Oscar nod. But I doubt it. If "TDK" couldn't get it, I doubt any superhero film is gonna get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logan could if Fox campaigns hard enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Honestly we should get Ethan and Han to host this year.  It'd be a clusterfuck, but it'd be an amazing clusterfuck.

If that's what the people want. That's what the people will get.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Logan could if Fox campaigns hard enough.

If Fox uses half of the the effort they used for Deadpool, Logan could be in the mix until the very end but ultimately I don't see a super hero movie getting a best picture nod. I could see Stewart or Jackman getting a nod though. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Fox will be too busy with The Papers, Three Billboards, and Greatest Showman to worry about Logan.

Welp the Greatest Showman could get Jackman his second Oscar nod after all. But I still think they can focus on Logan and those other films as well. 

• Like 2

Okay, just saw WW, and am now certain this is gonna be a family hit that's gonna play this summer.

Biggest reason?  I have heard from moms all over that they just want a movie where if a girl's the strong lead, the boys aren't treated like idiots, fools, or weaklings and vice versa.  And this movie delivers like I haven't seen for a family movie in a few years - both Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor get to be heroes, and what could be better!

The other reason this will be huge?  My kids gave it grades of A+, A, A, and B+...and the A+ came from my 8 year old boy.  He watched that movie like it was Star Wars...it had everything for him and he ate it all up.  But it didn't stoop to kid level - it just let them comprehend it and kept the shocking/gory scenes very low...like Star Wars:)...

So, what'd the grown ups give it?  A- and A- (with bonus points for the girl/guy dual hero roles, so I'd give it an A if friends asked me what I thought, but if I'm being honest, it's an A-:)...beats Lego Batman's same grade to be my new #1 movie for the year:).

Gonna love to watch the ride of this movie...I feel it, more than I have with the other 15 supers movies I've seen in theaters the last few years:)...this was the 1st I took my kids to (save Lego Batman)...I won't be the last parent to do that:)...

• Like 14

42 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Also after the 47 meters trailer played my friend said “that looks incredibly stupid" far louder than he intended to and the entire theatre erupted in laughter

At least you remembered it...I came in with popcorn during the DM3 movie trailer and asked my kid if it was the 1st trailer and she says no.  So, I asked what the 1st one was and she says, I have no idea.  I leave the theater and ask the rest of the fam and no one could remember it.  Now, I mention your post and my spouse says, oh yeah, that was the 1st one...it wasn't very good!:)

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1