baumer

Wonder Woman 11.7M Monday ERC pg 3

3 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

There is no reason to believe WW will reach $300M, just like there was no reason to believe it would open above Suicide Squad. $250M+ would be great, and above (reasonable) predictions.

I would have agreed with you prior to this weekend....well, not agreed with you but said that you have a chance to be right.  But at this point, everything is pointing to WW having an Iron Man type run.  

Big Saturday increase

Small Sunday decrease

Critical adoration

Fans love it

regular audiences love it

Hence wom is outstanding

Looks like it could fall 50% or less this weekend.

300 isn't locked, but it's a lot more likely than it was last week.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

There is no reason to believe WW will reach $300M, just like there was no reason to believe it would open above Suicide Squad. $250M+ would be great, and above (reasonable) predictions.

The reason being ,The film could be on the plus side of 200 domestic on Monday.

Thats 200mil in the first 10days of release and most likely coming out of its third with 245+.

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I would have agreed with you prior to this weekend....well, not agreed with you but said that you have a chance to be right.  But at this point, everything is pointing to WW having an Iron Man type run.  

Big Saturday increase

Small Sunday decrease

Critical adoration

Fans love it

regular audiences love it

Hence wom is outstanding

Looks like it could fall 50% or less this weekend.

300 isn't locked, but it's a lot more likely than it was last week.

I'm gonna be honest,I didn't enjoy WW but as a Dceu supporter it literally brings tears to my eyes to see a Twitter Ratio like this.

Twitter Index

DATE # TWEETS POS:NEG RATIO
June 06, 2017 151,969 25 : 1
June 05, 2017 290,289 38 : 1
June 04, 2017 350,125 29 : 1
Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I'm gonna be honest,I didn't enjoy WW but as a Dceu supporting it literally brings tears to my eyes to see a Twitter Ratio like this.

Twitter Index

DATE # TWEETS POS:NEG RATIO
June 06, 2017 151,969 25 : 1
June 05, 2017 290,289 38 : 1
June 04, 2017 350,125 29 : 1

Where do we get stats like this? Can anyone link me up

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Where do we get stats like this? Can anyone link me up

Boxofficepro.com

You search for the specific movie and then on the movie's page you'll find info like this. The top films on twitter though will be on their front page. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, baumer said:

Everything you say is true and would explain, say, $280M. That would already be a wonderful multiplier. Very few movies have replicated the success of Iron Man since 2008 (except GOTG but it opened in August). But working against Wonder Woman is that it is part of a franchise. Many DC fans made sure to watch it the first weekend, and in this respect it could be more frontloaded than Iron Man - that was just another superhero film at the time.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie and would be thrilled if it reached $300M. It just seems very unlikely and many people are setting themselves up for disappointment (again).

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Everything you say is true and would explain, say, $280M. That would already be a wonderful multiplier. Very few movies have replicated the success of Iron Man since 2008 (not counting GOTG because it opened in August). But working against Wonder Woman is that it is part of a franchise. Many DC fans made sure to watch it the first weekend, and in this respect it could be more frontloaded than Iron Man - that was just another superhero film at the time.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie and would be thrilled if it reached $300M. It just seems very unlikely and many people are setting themselves up for disappointment (again).

The Films first week seem to be on a path to The status of 'Massive'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Everything you say is true and would explain, say, $280M. That would already be a wonderful multiplier. Very few movies have replicated the success of Iron Man since 2008 (except GOTG but it opened in August). But working against Wonder Woman is that it is part of a franchise. Many DC fans made sure to watch it the first weekend, and in this respect it could be more frontloaded than Iron Man - that was just another superhero film at the time.

We're a long way away from 300, no doubt.  But the Saturday number and Sunday drop lead me to believe that the wom is outstanding....and yes, with social media being the way it is now, WOM does spread that quickly.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, expensiveho said:

How much fudge did Frozen need to reach $400m? 

If GOTGV2 follows Ultron it'll end around $385-390m (it has done better so far). Is $10m worth the try? 

Tbh, Frozen's fudge to $400 million is stupid af because if Disney didn't release the DVD/Blu-Ray early, it would get past $400 million easily.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Is this the most unanimously on board with a blockbuster this board has been in a while? @WrathOfHan being the crotchety contrarian :jeb!:

This is Rogue One alllllllll over again for me.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

well he needs to get noticed somehow. not like it's gonna happen irl.

Image result for screaming internally

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

This is Rogue One alllllllll over again for me.

Nah you definitely were in a bigger crowd with the Rogue One hate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Aligning himself with racists and now sexists is a bold strategy

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Not really? The only other people I know that disliked it are MovieMan (who disappeared after its OW), Jake, and Goffe. EC and I are basically the only notable detractors of WW on here (I know Nova wasn't a fan either and BOZ wasn't hot on it).

• Like 1