YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

6 minutes ago, James said:

So assuming 53-54m for WW this weekend, what are we looking for next weekend, seeing as it has Father's day on Sunday? 35M? I think a drop in the 30-40% area should happen. From a 54m-ish second weekend that means around 38m. A 40% drop would mean around 32.5m.

But since the high end is so close to 40, I will cal 40m now.:lol: 

Id wait for official weekend numbers before predicting next weekend.  However, I could see it having a sub-40% drop.

Something like

Fri: 9.5m (-40% from this Friday)

Sat: 13.3m (+40%)

Sun: 12.4m (-7%)

Wknd: 35.2m

Edited by The Mummified Panda
  • Like 1

Just now, God Emperor Tele said:

He didn't succeed, did he? :P 

tumblr_nruuxvgmNH1qdxpbvo1_500.gif

Well, no one did, that is the nature of empires lol. But most civil laws Europe and the US have are inspired by his work in the field, so... But speaking of Napleon, I would kill for a movie detailing his rise to power. And side note: he was of average height. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

People are setting themselves up for disappointment by expecting 40M next weekend.

If WW reaches high 50s then I actually wouldn't be shocked with $40M next weekend because of Father's Day 

6 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Doing countdowns is actually a fair amount of work too. Better to channel your inner Coolio or Chewy or (at minimum) a MrPink. 

This.  Countdowns are community service.

Just do the math

25 minutes or so for average write up and it gets 10 likes = 0.4 likes a minute

1 minute for Coolio to post some stupid meme and it gets 20 likes = 20 likes a minute 

It's income inequality.  We need to break up the big banks.

Edited by The Mummified Panda
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Mummified Panda said:

Id wait for official weekend numbers before predicting next weekend.  However, I could see it having a sub-40% drop.

Something like

Fri: 9.5m (-40% from this Friday)

Sat: 13.3m (+40%)

Sun: 12.4m (-7%)

Wknd: 35.2m

In 2015 (last time when FD was on a Sunday) Jurassic World dropped only 1.9% on Sunday. And that was it's second weekend. San Andreas increased 9% from Saturday. I think it will stay flat.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alisson23 said:

The only one trolling here is you, who's trying to make WW looks less impressive than it is. You even made an Eyez On Me over WW club on third weekend.

This is much more in support of Eyez than in spite against WW.

You're being overreactive in general.  Stop.  You're embarrassing yourself.

• Like 3

As someone who has done a few countdowns myself you guys only get to see the finished product. You don't see the research and the write-ups that go into everything before they are posted.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Mummified Panda said:

This.  Countdowns are community service.

Just do the math

25 minutes or so for average write up and it gets 10 likes = 0.4 likes a minute

1 minute for Coolio to post some stupid meme and it gets 20 likes = 20 likes a minute 

It's income inequality.  We need to break up the big banks.

Coolio's response to this post:

tumblr_ooq10wDOao1uj5p90o1_540.gif

tumblr_ooq10wDOao1uj5p90o2_540.gif

tumblr_ooq10wDOao1uj5p90o3_540.gif

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, James said:

Well, no one did, that is the nature of empires lol. But most civil laws Europe and the US have are inspired by his work in the field, so... But speaking of Napleon, I would kill for a movie detailing his rise to power. And side note: he was of average height. 

You will note I did not mock his height. ;) But for the rest?

DO YOU WANT TO SEE A GUILLOTINE IN PICCADILLY?

WANT TO CALL THAT RAGGEDY-ASS NAPOLEON YOUR KING?

DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO SING "LA MARSEILLAISE"?

• Like 5

Just now, James said:

In 2015 (last time when FD was on a Sunday) Jurassic World dropped only 1.9% on Sunday. And that was it's second weekend. San Andreas increased 9% from Saturday. I think it will stay flat.  

Even then, that'd boost it to 36m or so (assuming a 40% Friday drop and Sat increase).  However, WW is going to depend on if it's really going to be dad's movie choice or not.

San Andreas, JW and MoS were all male-centric tentpoles.  WW was split about 50/50 on OW, however the female demo increases later into the movie's run, so leaning female centric.  Staying flat is the optimistic but possible, I'd probably go with a minimal drop though.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, God Emperor Tele said:

WANT TO CALL THAT RAGGEDY-ASS NAPOLEON AS YOUR KING?

You gotta work bitch!

*crazy electro noise*

• Like 3

Just now, God Emperor Tele said:

WANT TO CALL THAT RAGGEDY-ASS NAPOLEON AS YOUR KING?

Technically speaking the guillotine was more of thing in the times before him, with Robespierre. :P As for the other 2: yes and yes. :P Quick, call @Fullbuster. He would be proud! 

• Like 3

Napoleon is one of the greatest generals in history, third imo behind ALexander and Caesar, and an amazing politician and ruler. Further most of the wars he is associated with were declared on him by the British and other European monarchs scared of the French Revolution and Napoleon's regime

• Like 2