YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

The DCEU. I'm not speaking on anything in terms of whether you like what they are doing or not but they are certainly connecting on a level that few thought they would.  Man of Steel and even Batman v Superman were a given but what they've done with Suicide Squad at the box office and now Wonder Woman...  quite amazing really. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

The DCEU. I'm not speaking on anything in terms of whether you like what they are doing or not but they are certainly connecting on a level that few thought they would.  Man of Steel and even Batman v Superman were a given but what they've done with Suicide Squad at the box office and now Wonder Woman...  quite amazing really. 

No need to give them credit ,Nobody is gonna recognize it.

People are more interested in WW out grossing BVS than they are with the Dceu basically having five 300+ domestic grossers  and five 100+ openings.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Some fun facts:

"dceu" has been said in 2,408 posts.

"mcu" has been said in 7,728 posts.

"cbm" has been said in 2,511 posts.

A simple word, "goodbye," has been said in 1,055 posts.

lmao

5Z5DvNE.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I believe WW is still waiting for major markets to open.

Wonder Woman has opened in its major markets. It is doing decent but not spectacular. We are looking at 50/50 domestic overseas Split it looks like 

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Some fun facts:

"dceu" has been said in 2,408 posts.

"mcu" has been said in 7,728 posts.

"cbm" has been said in 2,511 posts.

A simple word, "goodbye," has been said in 1,055 posts.

lmao

"That One Guy; please delete your account and get off the internet" has been said in 32,594 posts apparently. wow.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

No need to give them credit Nobody is gonna recognize it.

People are more interested in WW out grossing BVS that they are with the Dceu basically having five 300+ domestic grossers and film five 100+ openings.

Over $3 billion with 4 movies...   It has to be said because I read literally hundreds of posts on here and elsewhere about the DCEU being dead or having to reboot and all this nonsense,  I'm not even factoring in what the movies have done for WB's merchandise sales which are through the roof.  

Maybe those posts will stop now but probably not.  :lol:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, alisson23 said:

Wasn't you who was quoting the post where I said that WW would not come below $100m last week trying humiliate me? WW did $103m. I really don't know who's that "hah hah" guy, but he sounds like you.

You did the exact same thing to Empirecity when he gave an opinion that Alien could do $50M OW and was wrong and also do the same thing when people thought $850M WW was possible for GV2. I even thought $100M OW for WW was happening.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

3 months ago my like:post ratio was falling and I thought I'd only last a few more days before I have more posts than likes.

I'm still staying afloat 3 months later :ph34r: 

You're welcome.

• Like 1

It's about potential. The DCU was not living up to it's box office potential. A movie with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman should have done a lot more then what B V S did. The term "SUcessful failure" comes to mind.That was why after BvS there Warners made a major shake up in the DC film division.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Wonder Woman has opened in its major markets. It is doing decent but not spectacular. We are looking at 50/50 domestic overseas Split it looks like 

No,It didn't open in all of its Markets last week.

Someone said something about TM having a bigger o.S opening than WW but I didn't think all of the films major markets were open last week.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Over $3 billion with 4 movies...   It has to be said because I read literally hundreds of posts on here and elsewhere about the DCEU being dead or having to reboot and all this nonsense,  I'm not even factoring in what the movies have done for WB's merchandise sales which are through the roof.  

Maybe those posts will stop now but probably not.  :lol:

This will still be overlooked.

And no they are not.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's about potential. The DCU was not living up to it's box office potential. A movie with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman should have done a lot more then what B V S did. The term "SUcessful failure" comes to mind.That was why after BvS there Warners made a major shake up in the DC film division.

It all comes down to if it was Successful or not.

You all really need to get off of this "potential " thing and understand that These Dceu films are very successful rather they are hitting a Billion or not.

• Like 1