YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

Just got out of the mummy. I really really tried hard to like it, but I just found the movie incredibly boring. Almost fell asleep at 3 different times. Needed two mountain dews just to make it through it. I recommend not seeing it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, aabattery said:

You don't know how hard it is.

Only me and @MrPink do.

It's like living your life 2 likes at a time.

If your post doesn't get two likes, you've failed and disappointed your family

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It's like living your life 2 likes at a time.

If your post doesn't get two likes, you've failed and disappointed your family

Hell, it really needs to be 3 likes to keep it floating. With 2, it pays for itself but it doesn't help the cause.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Hell, it really needs to be 3 likes to keep it floating. With 2, it pays for itself but it doesn't help the cause.

Yes, the struggle to increase the ratio. Buffer the 2:1 cushion. It's our gift and our curse. Our burden to bear. This is why Like Bingo exists, gotta have an arsenal of posts that have a high success rate of 3 likes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yes, the struggle to increase the ratio. Buffer the 2:1 cushion. It's our gift and our curse. Our burden to bear. This is why Like Bingo exists, gotta have an arsenal of posts that have a high success rate of 3 likes.

We're the heroes BOT deserves, but not the ones it needs right now. So they'll hunt us. Because we can take it. Because we're not their heroes. We're loud and annoying guardians, the thoughtless shitposters. The like knights.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, aabattery said:

You don't know the struggle. I barely have a 2:1 ratio. Every day is a battle to try keep this charade going.

You lot have it easy.

Excuse fucking me?  I'm still only barely above the 1:1 line.  Below that and I can't even be considered a valuable poster.

2 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Y'all just soooo desperate for likes right now. 

Screw you Tele.

You could take a dump on somebodies face and 150 people would still smash that like button.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Y'all just soooo desperate for likes right now. 

You're the God Emperor of the like whores.  People shouldn't even waste their likes on you anymore. You don't even have notifications for likes because you're so accustomed to just getting it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

I can buy the budget being higher than 125M claimed, but no way is Universal spending 300M including P&A on this. Their stunt with the giant sarcophagus definitely cost a good chunk since they closed Hollywood Blvd for it, but apart from that, everything else has been pretty standard.

Like said by someone else, is 300M for a direct production budget + world P&A a particular high number.

A movie like Will Smith Hancock for example had a 334.475 million budget + world P&A, in 2008, broke down of it's cost:

DIRECT PRODUCTION COSTS  (166,054)

World release cost: 168.421

DTH MARKETING (61,747)

DTH PRINTS (COS) (11,109)

DTH WPF, DUES, OTHER (COS) (5,490)

ITH MARKETING (63,850) 

ITH PRINTS (COS) (21,099) 

ITH WPF, FREIGHT, OTHER (COS) (5,126)

Others example of releasing + production cost

Spider-Man 3: 542.981m

Amazing Spider Man: 460.673m

Amazing Spider Man 2: 455.74m

Davinci Code: 398.64m

2012: 397.23m

Men in black 3: 391m

Angels & Demon: 381m

Total Recall (2012): 270m

Green hornet: 264m

White house down: 263m

300m would not be cheap, but not much more than what a studio spent on a Total recall reboot movie and still hundreds of million cheaper than big superheroes franchise titles, while trying to launch a movie universe with a lot potentially on the line.

• Like 1