WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

Just now, aabattery said:

To be fair, you seem to like almost every single movie that comes out.

The only exception I can recall is your brave stand against BatB.

I've seen 34 movies this year and I've given 19 positive ratings.  I just tend to not report on the films that I hate because they tend to be films no one gives a shit about.  Like I really didn't like My Cousin Rachel (which I saw a few days ago), but I didn't report back on it cause no one on this board seems to have any interest in the movie.

• Like 1

(Then again, I guess i should punctuate all my comments with CARS 2 being the only actually fun Cars movie so far in the franchise, which means most of you will probably throw my opinion on the third out of the window lol)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I rarely ever overreact in response to a film. Only marketing/awards do I freak out at

I legitimately see me liking Despicable Me 3 more than Cars 3. Those of you know me realize how bad that is.

DESPICABLE ME III was just OK. Haven't seen CARS III yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Trying to figure out which one is worse is the challenge. 

Well one has bat nipples & the other has Shaq as a "kewl" genie, decisions...

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Wait till he sees Magic Mike.

Watching that movie on HBO with my parents is still one of the most awkward viewing experiences I've ever had. :lol:

Spoiler

'Specially since I wasn't out of the closet yet. :ph34r:

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1

Just got out of the theater for All Eyes On Me...man it sucked. I really wanted to like it but there were little to no redeeming qualities. Undercooked, sloppy and misguided. Very disappointed. Think of all the flaws of Notorious and then multiply it by 10. Then remove decent editing, sense of character and narrative flow. 4.5/10

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Haven't seen Cars 3 yet but I'll credit Pixar's marketing department for shutting up the angry fans for a few months by making it look so innocuous that no one could be bothered to whine about how they're evil sellouts now.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I just found out that 47 Meters Down is the first Mandy Moore movie (Tangled not included) to get a wide release since...License to Wed, almost a decade ago (and the last movie she was in was 6 years ago). Woah.

She lucked out with This Is Us. If it weren't for it this would have probably stayed Direct to DVD. 

Just now, Rman823 said:

She lucked out with This Is Us. If it weren't for it this would have probably stayed Direct to DVD. 

No doubt. The success of The Shallows last summer also gave them a reason to give it a theatrical release instead.

• Like 1

So just seen one of my Facebook friends use a #sharkbait hashtag with their post stating they saw 47 Meters Down. Thought it was just the person being really cheesy until I just now saw a commercial for the movie with the hashtag. Really ?

11 hours ago, a2knet said:

100% imo. Merchandizing gold-mine and this is looking at 160-180 dom and if it gets a China release then 400+ ww. Normally doing 2x the prod budget globally would not be enough but Cars is unique in how much money it makes from other sources. I think they will make one more at least and hopefully it won't be a step down like C2 was from C1.

Cars is potentially the F&F franchise of Pixar:

c7d68e3efa8b55763ae4f0fbd02abb7e.jpg

I legitimately would rather have Cars 2 2 rather than Cars 4. If you get what I mean by that