WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Nothing wrong with this thread.  Me and giantcal made a bet.  No matter who wins, the money goes to the site....so win win.

You're sure he will pay?

Edited by kayumanggi

3 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

I don't really care what you think is good enough. If my word isn't good enough then back out after calling me out and proposing it lol. 

Oh, I'm in.  All the way.

This thread...

Cars-3-Lightning-McQueen-Crash-GIF.gif?r

Anyway, better off 19.5M than below that for Cars 3, but still not great. Will struggle crossing 50M for 3-day. Fun fact: Finding Dory did that in its 1st Friday. 2nd weekend will dictate wheater will it come close to Boss Baby numbers or if it will die when Despicable Me 3 opens.

The superhero genre is totally carrying this Summer. GOTG V2 is a rare sequel that increased over the 1st in all fronts - and the 1st went over 300M DOM and 700M WW, Wonder Woman is box office history and even Captain Underpants is having a small scale but solid little run and surprising co-existance w/other family films. It's certainly more of a positive for this Summer than anything else so far besides maybe Everything, Everything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

$10.85M ??!!

What the hell?

:winomg::winomg:

I literally just said yesterday in the 3rd week-end club yesterday that the club was as good as dead because it wouldn't jump more than 70%

WHAT IS HAPPENING? Could $400M HAPPEN? :ohmyzod:

And it ends up jumping 80%. Amazing!

I will say, this site with it's games and real life and hundreds of box office threads, maintained by volunteers working for free (I suppose), is very good. Also the community of posters is big enough to know the nature of different posters. 

It helps that majority of people opinions overall are similar to mine.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

$10.85M ??!!

What the hell?

:winomg::winomg:

I literally just said yesterday in the 3rd week-end club yesterday that the club was as good as dead because it wouldn't jump more than 70%

WHAT IS HAPPENING? Could $400M HAPPEN? :ohmyzod:

Seems like at this point people should stop underestimating this movie...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Even after what happened to you before? :lol:

What happened to me before?  Ijack or Kal, or both?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I still have my bet with Baumer that Valerian makes 2.5x Girls Trip OW. :ph34r: 

One month...

Valerian isn't making $60M OW. Or over $30M OW for that matter.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Last week-end, Wonder Woman was several millions behind Spider-Man... every day

Now this Friday, WW's only $1M behind Spider-Man, and weekdays are much higher than Spider-Man because of summer weekdays.

She's catching up! :sarah:

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

This thread...

Cars-3-Lightning-McQueen-Crash-GIF.gif?r

Anyway, better off 19.5M than below that for Cars 3, but still not great. Will struggle crossing 50M for 3-day. Fun fact: Finding Dory did that in its 1st Friday. 2nd weekend will dictate wheater will it come close to Boss Baby numbers or if it will die when Despicable Me 3 opens.

The superhero genre is totally carrying this Summer. GOTG V2 is a rare sequel that increased over the 1st in all fronts - and the 1st went over 300M DOM and 700M WW, Wonder Woman is box office history and even Captain Underpants is having a small scale but solid little run and surprising co-existance w/other family films. It's certainly more of a positive for this Summer than anything else so far besides maybe Everything, Everything.

And yet people are always complaining about the genre and acting like these films are the reason the films they want to see arent being made. If they stopped making super hero films tomorrow, the box office would be very silent.

• Like 5