WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

The Thor movies, WW, and First Class are basically in the range of borderline passable for me. They have very few things going for them, but I can't say that I hate the other parts; they're just incredible uninteresting.

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Double/Triple Shows with Cars this weekend. They will drop hard next 2 weekends as TF and DM3 take over drive ins. 

"There are only 322 drive-in movie theaters in the US, down from 443 theaters in 2000. They account for only about 1.3% of all movie theaters in the country."

Drive inns are way overrated on this forum.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Thor movies, WW, and First Class are basically in the range of borderline passable for me. They have very few things going for them, but I can't say that I hate the other parts; they're just incredible uninteresting.

You don't like First Class either!?!?!? God damn you Han

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Maybe but not really? She probably would have made a better product than Alan Taylor.

I don't know if her version would have got Wonder Woman esque praise (most likely not) but I'm sure it would've been a more positive reception overall. Either way it worked out for her in the end. 

Here's the problem with Captain America First Avenger.  Aside from the meh third act. We are told how inspiring he is during the war but we are barely shown any of it. It's got a great first act and then we get a couple flimsy action montages.  Even the people I was with who were huge Cap marks said "that's it??".   WW has the brilliantly shot and inspiring "No Man's Land" which blows away anything in the Cap movie. There's a reason why Cap's critical/audience reception was lukewarm to start.  In fairness, some people came around on it and now it's viewed as one of the better MCU movies but that's in part because a lot of the sequels haven't delivered. 

• Like 5

CBM movies this decade ranking:

A- to A+:

Logan

TWS

The Avengers

Guardians 2/Wonder Woman

Deadpool

Guardians

DOFP

Kingsman

B- to B+:

Civil War

Lego Batman 

TDKR

TFA

Big Hero 6

Ant Man

Doctor Strange/Age of Ultron

First Class

Kick Ass

C- to C+:

IM3

Kick Ass 2

Thor 

SS

MOS

IM2

TMNTOOTS

D- to D+:

TDW/BVS

Green Lantern

TMNT (2014)

Jonah Hex

F to F+:

F4 (2015)

12 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I think the Potter universe is still a pretty big deal also.  Fast and Furious seems to have peaked in the states but overseas it's still a juggernaut.  Pirates is dead in the states. Transformers we will see. 

Potter still alive for sure (as demonstrated by Beasts) but there has been only one film in recent years. 

Pirates, Transformers and Furious still kick butt around the globe, but are dead or almost dead in North America, which was what I was referring to. I my view, the domestic box-office is still the most important one, even if financially this may not be the case anymore, I think that it's a leading (albeit imperfect) indicator of future trends. 

14 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Here's the problem with Captain America First Avenger.  Aside from the meh third act. We are told how inspiring he is during the war but we are barely shown any of it. It's got a great first act and then we get a couple flimsy action montages.  Even the people I was with who were huge Cap marks said "that's it??".   WW has the brilliantly shot and inspiring "No Man's Land" which blows away anything in the Cap movie. There's a reason why Cap's critical/audience reception was lukewarm to start.  In fairness, some people came around on it and now it's viewed as one of the better MCU movies but that's in part because a lot of the sequels haven't delivered. 

Someone please explain to me what's so great about No Man's Land. Spoiler tagging because even though all of this is in the trailer people will bitch "SPOILERS!"

Spoiler

I get that this is the first time we see WW kick ass on her own, but the scene itself doesn't have noteworthy action. Cool shot of her going onto the battlefield, sure, but it's loaded with slowmo. Honestly, John Wick has soured me on a lot of action because the choreography in that series is outstanding.

Edited by WrathOfHan