WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

Speaking of SPIDEY, I have a feeling that it might be another film that does slightly better than expected. I thought that the poor marketing, the competitive July market (Spidey, Apes and Dunkirk in 3 consecutive weekends) and the horrible badwill from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 would bring it down, even if it would still do O/U 300M.

However:

• The last trailer they launched got myself and more people on board w/how it looks;
  • The extensive NBA Finals spots certainly got in a lot of eyes too;
  • Even outside of trailers and TV spots, it seems there's Spider-Man something just about everywhere. And people are talking about this movie, both in social media and (while mine is a laughably small sample) in real life;
  • Apparently, it's a movie that will play very well w/families, the driving factor for Wonder Woman and Guardians V2's box office;
  • Speaking of them, WW and GOTG V2's breakout BO performances and strong wom will make people have appetite for another big superhero film - and their presence, WW's more noticeable obviously, won't hurt Spidey as the co-existance between movies that share the same audience has been strongly present this year;
  • And movies w/good wom won't hurt each other, as proven by the March '17 Madness of Get Out/Logan/Kong/BATB all making room for one another, so Spidey will also be able to co-exist w/your War For The Planet Of The Apes'es and your Dunkirks just fine (even if it totally won't have the same legs as a Wonder Woman or maybe even a GOTG V2).

So... I don't know. If it really comes out swinging (;)) as a good/great film for families that reintroduces Spider-Man in a great scale (Civil War notwithstanding), it could be another huuuuge smash hit, bigger than most of us think it's gonna be.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Ha, what's there?  A few Lego bricks in your face?  If I wanted that, I'd adopt a toddler and buy him some Lego sets.

TFW Ninjago does more OW than Valerian did domestic. 

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

TFW you can't even come up with a solid comeback so you reuse old material :) 

Valerian looks like a edgy teens version of a generic sci-fi story.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

SPIDEY has the benefit of the lead and ridiculously long legs (compared to movies today). Reaching it is still an extreme long shot at best. 

It's odd that I now have more faith in Tele's club than Tele.

• Like 2

Gfs birthday today and she wants to go see WW again...Seriously starting to think my gf has a thing for Gal Gadot which I would be totally cool with...

Anyways you can add another £50 to Amazonian...

• Like 5

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
1 new     Cars 3 Walt Disney $19,500,000   4,256 $4,582   $19,500,000 1
2 new All Eyez on Me Open Road $12,800,000   2,471 $5,180   $12,800,000 1
3 (1) Wonder Woman Warner Bros. $10,850,000 +80% 4,018 $2,700   $244,676,730 15
4 new 47 Meters Down Entertainment Studi…    $4,503,422   2,270 $1,984   $4,503,422 1
5 (2) The Mummy Universal $3,800,000 +81% 4,034 $942   $46,410,700 8
6 new Rough Night Sony Pictures $3,350,000   3,162 $1,059   $3,350,000 1
7 (4) Pirates of the Caribbean: D… Walt Disney $2,328,000 +79% 2,759     $844   $143,936,114 22
8 (3) Captain Underpants: The Fir…    20th Century Fox $2,100,000 +58% 2,968 $708   $52,713,660 15
9 (5) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Walt Disney $1,209,000 +56% 1,813 $667   $371,080,015    43
10 (7) Megan Leavey Bleecker Street $670,000 +68% 1,832 $366   $6,506,857 8
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

And you bitched your way out of me buying a ticket. Enjoy that $15 OW.

You could've just called out Valerian for being a shitty kids movie too :P

Spoiler

For the record, I'm rooting for both of them to succeed. We need more original sci-fi AND Lego Universe movies to be good and profitable :ph34r:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You could've just called out Valerian for being a shitty kids movie too :P

Hide contents

For the record, I'm rooting for both of them to succeed. We need more original sci-fi AND Lego Universe movies to be good and profitable :ph34r:

It won't attract kids though or anyone for that matter. 

Spoiler

I actually want both to succeed though. However not expecting much for either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

It won't attract kids though or anyone for that matter. 

Hide contents

I actually want both to succeed though. However not expecting much for either.

"Hey kids, wanna go see a cool movie that features insane sci-fi action and eye popping visuals, or a movie about Emojis?"

• Like 1

Ninjago looks like a low-rate version of much better action movies.  The Legos adulterate what could've been a fun movie.  Sad!

Donald ?rump.

• Like 1

"Hey kids, wanna go see a cool movie that features insane sci-fi action and eye popping visuals, or a movie about Emojis?"

Unfortunately I think the latter is more appealing to kids.

• Like 1