WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Cars 3 had a lower OD than the first Cars despite previews, ticket price inflation and 3D. Is this franchise the only majority disliked one among Pixar's movies?

You'll get mixed opinions about A Bug's Life, The Good Dinosaur, and Brave, but definitely not majority dislike. Cars gets a lot of hate because it almost seems like Lasseter goes out of his way to make them, despite the tepid critical reaction (even though it sells merch like hotcakes).

Edited by elcaballero

I have no problem with people thinking WW will do $400m. But if it ends at anything over $350m (almost locked), it is already a very special run. For a female lead movie directed by a female director, that's damn good. Ahead with squirrel girl marvel!!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I have no problem with people thinking WW will do $400m. But if it ends at anything over $350m (almost locked), it is already a very special run. For a female lead movie directed by a female director, that's damn good. Ahead with squirrel girl marvel!!

WW could really be a new Hunger Games

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Only if they have Ryan North and Erica Henderson help oversee the script and character concept/vibe...they have hit that character out of the ballpark the last few years...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

You'll get mixed opinions about A Bug's Life, The Good Dinosaur, and Brave, but definitely not majority dislike. Cars gets a lot of hate because it almost seems like Lasseter goes out of his way to make them, despite the tepid critical reaction (even though it sells merch like hotcakes).

$$$$$$$$$$£$$$$££¥€€

6 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

It's going to do over $350m, pretty confident about that. Given the genre and bumpy start to the DCEU, it's a great accomplishment.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Cars 3 had a lower OD than the first Cars despite previews, ticket price inflation and 3D. Is this franchise the only majority disliked one among Pixar's movies?

MONSTERS UNIVERSITY failed to make more than MOSNTERS, INC. FINDING DORY failed to surpass FINDING NEMO overseas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

MONSTERS UNIVERSITY failed to make more than MOSNTERS, INC. FINDING DORY failed to surpass FINDING NEMO overseas.

Both still opened higher than the predecessors though. MonstersU was killed by DM2 in its 3rd weekend as well.

Just now, grim22 said:

Both still opened higher than the predecessors though. MonstersU was killed by DM2 in its 3rd weekend as well.

Well CARS III has competition as well. And CARS II opened higher than the first.

27 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The first Cars was definitely liked. It had a 4 multiplier

Cars 2 was disliked and it lookedike

it burned too many people for them to give 3 a chance 

still also dont know why they decided to release just two weeks before DM3

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Mummified Panda said:

DCEU is potentially going to have the best and worst comic book multipliers.  That's funny to think about.

That's no coincidence. One of the reasons that WW is gonna have such fantastic legs is that the reception of previous DCEU movies suppressed its OW.

Edited by Last Man Standing
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The first Cars was definitely liked. It had a 4 multiplier

Cars 2 was disliked and it lookedike

it burned too many people for them to give 3 a chance 

Cars was also huge with younger boys.  It doesn't have much appeal outside of that demo, but it's enough for it to be killer merch-wise.  

Almost every young boy goes through a "Cars, Trucks, trains and planes" phase.  Maybe even because culture in the US says they should.  But that's why we're going to keep getting these Cars Universe films despite them being Pixar's worst.

Edited by The Mummified Panda

6 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

That's no coincidence. One of the reasons that WW is gonna have such fantastic legs is that the reception of previous DCEU movies suppressed its OW.

I wouldn't single that out.  I think it primarily has to do with demographics and reception.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Over DP is a great target for WW, and I think it likely happens. 

I would wager we should never google for "Wonder Woman DP". But then again, a lot of people already did after the Wednesday numbers thread.

• Like 2