WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

19 minutes ago, bruchav said:

It needs $13.5M sunday to hit $40m, not $14.5m.

Yes so O/U 41.3 of MOS 2nd weekend becomes a nail biter.

41 will take WONDR to 275.

2x more the weekend will give WONDR 275 + 82 = 357

2.5x more the weekend will give it 275 + 102.5 = 377+

3x more will give 275 + 123 = 398 (but at this point WB will push it to 400).

So 360/380/400 imo is the min/realistic/max scenario.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I think a guilty pleasure shouldn't necessarily be referred to a film that critics hated but you liked, but rather to a film that you enjoyed despite all of its highly prevalent flaws. For example, a film like The Circle would be a guilty pleasure for me, but I wouldn't consider Pirates 5 a guilty pleasure despite its negative reception.

I agree with this. Suicide Squad had a shitton of flaws and story problems but I had fun and enjoyed it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, peludo said:

With a $40m 3rd weekend, WW is dropping a 61% relative to OW, better than the 69% that BvS dropped on its 2nd weekend...

That's an amazing stat. Just a 61% drop from ow to 3rd weekend for a CBM, a 100+ opener and with June summer weekdays stealing from weekends.

SM1, GOTG1 and WONDR will be the 3 CBMs to do 3.5x+ multiplier (only considering Fri openers).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Wonder Woman has been proving time and time again that it doesn't follow any Trends and it bucks the odds and it flips the middle finger to anybody who tries to have it follow any kind of pattern. I think it's going to be the movie to see on Father's Day. It's getting amazing reviews all across the board. I mean, what reason would fathers have for not wanting to see it? Because it's about a woman? I don't buy that for a second.

I think most fathers hope they raised an Amazonian princess, so it's the perfect father-daughter night out, actually.

• Like 7

Just now, Jack said:

Really? That would mean $400m is almost certain!

Nope. SS had two weekly drops under 15% and also it was released in barren august. I think deadpool is much more realistic goal. $400m while very possible, still very very tough. Very.

• Like 1

Just now, Chaz said:

I hope WW hits $400m. It'll make up for Dory missing $500m last summer.

If it makes you feel better, Dory only missed 500M because it was kicked hard in the ovaries by SLOP. This year, since there have been multiple instances of two movies w/the same audience sharing room for each other just fine, I think Wondy won't really be hurt by Spidey.

That being said, 400M, as awesome as it would be for it (and Guardians 2, c'mon) to hit the mark, may be a bit too high. But then again, considering how it's holding in its 3rd weekend, it's far from impossible to happen.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If it makes you feel better, Dory only missed 500M because it was kicked hard in the ovaries by SLOP. This year, since there have been multiple instances of two movies w/the same audience sharing room for each other just fine, I think Wondy won't really be hurt by Spidey.

That being said, 400M, as awesome as it would be for it (and Guardians 2, c'mon) to hit the mark, may be a bit too high. But then again, considering how it's holding in its 3rd weekend, it's far from impossible to happen.

$400 million DOM would require quite a lot.

$41.6 million 3rd weekend ($275.4 million 17-day)

$24.5 million 4th weekend ($312.5 million 24-day)

$16 million 5th weekend ($345 million 31-day)

$8 million 6th weekend ($362 million 38-day)

$5 million 7th weekend ($372 million 45-day)

$3 million 8th weekend ($378 million 52-day)

$2 million 9th weekend ($382 million 59-day)

$1 million 10th weekend ($384 million 66-day)

$388-391 million DOM

Unless it only drops 35-40% against Spidey (not likely since it'll be the oldest major release still drawing a decent audience by July 7th, meaning it'll lose screens and be moved to smaller auditoriums) and has the same holds as I mentioned above, I don't see how it goes much higher than $390 million DOM

Of course, it's spent its entire run defying box-office precedents, so it might be past $350 million DOM by July 1st :P

• Like 5