Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

1 minute ago, teardropmina said:

if all the estimates hold...WW got to 350M in 32 days...

2 days slower than GotG2. 1 day slower than Spider-Man @Telemachos.

Just plugging int the numbers, It's looking like there's almost no way WW misses 390m. Even taking a big hit from Homecoming and it gets there.

• Like 8

Just now, DamienRoc said:

2 days slower than GotG2. 1 day slower than Spider-Man @Telemachos.

Just plugging int the numbers, It's looking like there's almost no way WW misses 390m. Even taking a big hit from Homecoming and it gets there.

all the movies got there faster than WW, only Avatar has lower OW...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

R+miU8yu4FgAwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

If you are generous with Despicable Me and multiply Monday by 3, you get 42 for the weekdays.  42 weekdays divided by 68 (weekend without previews) = about 62% which is a problem.   Here is comparable data.  Despicable Me 3 is going to have to hold tomorrow to keep up with the numbers of the past.

4qwqjrKV3mwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matrix4You said:

the chance is slim but their is a chance that Baby Driver on July 5th Wednesday has a increase over its actual Wednesday # from last week of 3.61 million. 

how would that happen? isn't today the last day of holiday? or is Wednesday a holiday too?

10 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

By Thursday,WW will be running ahead of Guardians 2 at the same  point.The summer crown is up for grabs but HOLY SHIT WW might actually  take it.

I'm not sure its up for grabs any more. WW should have it pretty easily unless it falls off a cliff from Friday onward.

If we look at comparable weekly drops, WW has been holding better in just about every case. The two of them even have a similar calendar, where a holiday week was followed up by the release of direct competition. GotG2 went from Memorial Day to Wonder Woman, and it fell, in those two weeks, 30% and 55%. Wonder Woman is going from July 4 to Homecoming. The current week looks like it'll be down about 20%. And from previous weeks, it's seemed like WW is going to hold better, so next week we probably should see that 55% as close to the biggest drop it'll take. It's probably going to fall less than 50%. I mean, GotG2 fell 54% In its second week. WW fell 42%.

GotG2 has had some good late legs, post the WW opening. I don't see any reason to assume that WW is going to suddenly have worse legs in its comparable, post Homecoming weeks.

The two of them are going to have another similarity calendar-wise. Two weeks after that direct competition, they get a partner studio film that can prop them up. GotG2 fell 25% with the assistance of Cars 3. And that was with its biggest theater loss by a wide margin. How good is WW going to do with Dunkirk's help?

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

I'm not sure its up for grabs any more. WW should have it pretty easily unless it falls off a cliff from Friday onward.

If we look at comparable weekly drops, WW has been holding better in just about every case. The two of them even have a similar calendar, where a holiday week was followed up by the release of direct competition. GotG2 went from Memorial Day to Wonder Woman, and it fell, in those two weeks, 30% and 55%. Wonder Woman is going from July 4 to Homecoming. The current week looks like it'll be down about 20%. And from previous weeks, it's seemed like WW is going to hold better, so next week we probably should see that 55% as close to the biggest drop it'll take. It's probably going to fall less than 50%. I mean, GotG2 fell 54% In its second week. WW fell 42%.

GotG2 has had some good late legs, post the WW opening. I don't see any reason to assume that WW is going to suddenly have worse legs in its comparable, post Homecoming weeks.

The two of them are going to have another similarity calendar-wise. Two weeks after that direct competition, they get a partner studio film that can prop them up. GotG2 fell 25% with the assistance of Cars 3. And that was with its biggest theater loss by a wide margin. How good is WW going to do with Dunkirk's help?

I hope you are right.WW really deserves it.That being said i was not referring to guardians as WW's competition for the summer crown.At this point WW>GoTG is the most likely scenario (crazy right?).I'm expecting a Spidey breakout.

People said that the Mummy was going to hurt Wonder Woman, then Cars 3, then Transformers, then Despicable Me 3 and yet it keeps chugging along and it hasn't been killed yet. Obviously because of similar demographics Spider-Man is going to be its biggest challenge yet but I'm not going to count WW out yet. We'll see what happens this weekend.  still don't know if I see it getting 400mil but I think it'll get close.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I hope you are right.WW really deserves it.That being said i was not referring to guardians as WW's competition for the summer crown.At this point WW>GoTG is the most likely scenario (crazy right?).I'm expecting a Spidey breakout.

All indications is that Homecoming is going to open in about the same vicinity as WW did: 100-110m. So it'll need to have BETTER legs than WW has had in order to take the crown.

• Like 2

I think Tuesday you should see some increases for sure. The holiday might help it a little bit but cheap Tuesday here in Canada is massive so films should increase as opposed to what they did in 2006

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

All indications is that Homecoming is going to open in about the same vicinity as WW did: 100-110m. So it'll need to have BETTER legs than WW has had in order to take the crown.

With this being the 35th Spider-Man film there's no way it's getting the same kind of legs that Wonder Woman has not even close. I could see it getting around 3 but that's about it.

• Like 6