cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

1 hour ago, cookie said:

Star Wars wasn't my first guess either.

Hide contents

I assumed Dragon Age.

Ah.

Well since I have Pillars of Eternity planned for Year 2 I wasn't intending to do Dragon Age the same year.

Those films probably need a bit more substantial of a rewrite

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spaghetti! said:

I’m guessing this may be a surprise in the awards baiting variety? Perhaps involving a certain topic Ken Burns recently discussed?

Nope, not that either. Probably will need to do some decent rewrites on that also.

Let's just say if I do decide to drop it after tweaks, recasting, etc., it'll be gunning for awards. And it'll be a....lengthy running time.

Also have another one I may drop. Let's just say a decision cookie has made has inspired me as well.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

41 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Nope, not that either. Probably will need to do some decent rewrites on that also.

Let's just say if I do decide to drop it after tweaks, recasting, etc., it'll be gunning for awards. And it'll be a....lengthy running time.

Also have another one I may drop. Let's just say a decision cookie has made has inspired me as well.

No...it can’t be.....are you going to.....seize, er, the moment?

• Like 1

Basically finished all of my films except David. Some a fairly short while other are lengthy (not P&W lengthy though). I think 9,500 words is my longest film.

I feel pretty good about Year 2. Reviews I think should be slightly better than Year 1 for me and hopefully I'll have more involvement in the Oscars. Box office wise is a mystery again. I think I have more films this year that can compete with 200M than last year. I was very aware of my running times this time around and the longest film is David with a running time around 2 hours and 3 minutes. 

I am most interested to see everybody reaction to Academy, 56 Days of Love, Screwtape Letters, Island, Little Demons, and My Life to Waste. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2017 at 7:59 AM, Xillix said:

Just to forewarn you all... my Amityville writeup is already over 5,000 words.

And I'm less than halfway through the book.

Just passed 10,000!

Seriously.

And for the record, I've been actively cutting out extraneous scenes, removing entire characters in many cases, condensing events - I even threw out an entire subplot. I'm just getting really into it. I'm almost at the end though (about 3/4 of the way through) so it's not gonna be a Spark Rising or anything.

The most fun of it is the actual horror scenes, which frankly is where the book comes up a bit short. I've at least tweaked all of them and a few I've completely rewritten. The stuff that's on the page, in many cases, would just look silly on film.

@spaghetti!

Sorry for not getting the Pillars pre-read to you yet. The past week-plus I've had a lingering cold and other minor things going on that make me very uninclined to do much after work. I have been outlining out the plot points though so it shouldn't take too long to grind out when that is done.

Worst case scenario would be you get it as a pre-read as a Year 3 film instead.

• Like 1

I'll be pretty much throwing everything up tonight. A hand full of film's will not have their plots up by this evening (Academy, David, 56 Days of Love).

I am excited to start reading everybody's films! I decided I am gonna start reviews ASAP so I don't have to read a ton of film at once. My reviews will not go public until Part 1 closes obviously haha

• Like 1