CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Are you actually going to attempt to justify your opinion by a fucking number lmao.

Also Apocalypse is great.  No one can argue with that.  And the pre-First Class Fox/Marvel hardly counts.

Apocalypse isn't great. It was ok. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

18 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Out of likes - but I guess I am just trying to figure out why even if the weekend total ends up better the Friday increase is meh in comparison I mean Minions with crap WOM and a better thursday still increased over 50%. But I haven't checked the competition from that weekend and SMH may have taken a bigger bite in that regard.

Its still in for a good weekend and I think it can get closer to 40m than not.

If you see Thu as % of OW,

DM3 is 8.2/72.4 = 11.3% of ow

Minions is 9.5/115.7 = 8.2% of ow

So DM3 held much better.

Or if see in a different way (and this seems far more telling), Minions ow was 60% bigger than DM3's ow, but the Thu was only 16% bigger.

Minions's 2nd weekend will be 26-29% bigger than DM3's 2nd weekend, compared to 60% bigger ow.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

I think the Last Jedi is going to hurt Wonder Woman big time. I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman completely decides to leave the theaters by December because it knows the Last Jedi is coming out. :redcapes:

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Anyone know if Spider-Man is formatted in IMAX like some other recent movies?

It says so in the final credits. 

I know Valerian is getting a lot of great pre-release buzz, but I must admit that opening scene attached to HC really did nothing at all for me or who I was with. If they were trying to hype it up with a scene, maybe should have picked a better one. 

Just now, That One Guy said:

Don't get me wrong, Fant4stic, Origins, Last Stand, etc. are all awful movies.  But the same can be said for Thor, Thor 2, and Ultron for me.  Not every studio is innocent.  They all have stinkers.

And Apocalypse, Daredevil, Electra, Fatastic 4, and Fantastic 4-2

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think the Last Jedi is going to hurt Wonder Woman big time. I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman completely decides to leave the theaters by December because it knows the Last Jedi is coming out. :redcapes:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just now, AJG said:

And Apocalypse, Daredevil, Electra, Fatastic 4, and Fantastic 4-2

Apocalypse and Daredevil (DIRECTORS CUT) are both good, and the other 3 were made before Fox found their footing (same can be said for Origins and Last Stand too).

Logan + DOFP combined is better than Winter Soldier as a single movie.  And I fucking LOVE The Winter Soldier.

I wish I could be excited for Thor Ragnarok. I guess I can forgive Warner Brothers for screwing up my favorite superheroes as long as they get them right eventually but I don't have enough of attachment to Thor as a character to be excited for Ragnarok after they semi botched the first two films.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Apocalypse and Daredevil (DIRECTORS CUT) are both good, and the other 3 were made before Fox found their footing (same can be said for Origins and Last Stand too).

Logan + DOFP combined is better than Winter Soldier as a single movie.  And I fucking LOVE The Winter Soldier.

1a529a25e80180f89d41edf186f46008.gif

• Like 2