CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

Considering what superheroes have gotten films at this point and have been successful, the "silly" aspect regarding GL's powers doesn't work anymore. Really GL was just a studio-meddled / mandated film that had too many cooks in the kitchen, which is a real shame, as you could make a really enjoyable GL film if done right (I'm a fan, so I'll admit, I'm a bit biased).

You are misreading my post. Of course a Green Lantern movie can be good and  financially successful, I just said that Wonder Woman isn't any more ridiculous than Green Lantern. And the concept isn't.

Here's a thought on @Rth Homecoming 's numbers. 

20 pages of D.C. Vs marvel. 

Double is 40m

i take it as SMH 40m

34 tingles means SMH's sat # was 34m higher than ww. 

So sat numbers if I've read this right...

SMH - 40m

WW - 6m

:) thoughts???

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Not likely. It's more because of her Batman connections, and also because she was generally well-received in Batman Returns. WB had actually been developing a Catwoman since the 90's, but production took long, and well we all know how it turned out.

She was best received thing in Batman Returns. Her spinoff was due to release soon after it. Just got stuck in development hell.

18 hours ago, Rth Homecoming said:

In a few camps this weekend WW is in bed with either SMH or TE, but WW is by far holding it own

and a few with DM3 & C3

the WW and Spidey double thing just meant double feature; RTH mentioned this right before his 50 push ups update.

I think he meant that while there's a DC/Marvel war going on here, WW and Spidey pair up quite a bit in theaters.  

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

We are talking why certain female supers movies got made 1st...it's not a risk to make a female super...it's been done before...

It was a risk to choose one that's hard to make a movie arc out of...your point about Green Lantern almost absolutely proves my point.  His disaster of a movie showed its HARD to come up with a good arc for godlike characters...it's MUCH easier and cheaper to do it for street-level ones...

If you still don't get it, I can't help you b/c I'm moving on...

According to most reports, they didn't even try when it came to GL actually. They had a script that got rewrtten a few times, as usual, and they put out a shoddily-made product that while I don't hate entirely I'll admit, didn't seem to care for its source material all that much. I don't think GL's a great example of godlike characters being hard to write, if anything it just proves how chaotic and lazy some production can turn out to be. 

1 minute ago, JJ-8 said:

Double is 40m

i take it as SMH 40m

SMH - 40m

WW - 6m

Now that makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

Double is 40m

i take it as SMH 40m

SMH - 40m

WW - 6m

Sorry out of likes, but this is pretty well thought out. Both of those numbers would fall in line.

Edited by Subzero

4 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Hmmmmm...

34 plus a 12 year old teen.... Plus "too many" = 46m Sat.

Makes sense:

Spidey tingles 'for sex' ...'four six' .... 46 :redcapes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

Double is 40m

i take it as SMH 40m

SMH - 40m

WW - 6m

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

You are misreading my post. Of course a Green Lantern movie can be good and  financially successful, I just said that Wonder Woman isn't any more ridiculous than Green Lantern. And the concept isn't.

Oh okay, my bad. I was just trying to make a point, while "fast-typing". Superheroes are inherently silly in general anyway.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

She was best received thing in Batman Returns. Her spinoff was due to release soon after it. Just got stuck in development hell.

Yup, I'm sure at least fifty writers worked on the film too. Nobody could agree on the direction the film should go in, especially when it finally went in development, which is why it eventually turned into the ugly chaotic awful mess we know it as today. 

1 hour ago, Rth Homecoming said:

double this weekend some places SMH & WW

34 spidy  tingles 

Ah realised 34 should be more like 37. probably see soon if 37 is actually in play it should be

• Like 25

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Oh and by the way I hope nobody is panicking about these numbers. It is what it is and hell maybe it isn't. Deadline at about 2 or 3 a.m. my time will have some Saturday numbers. 

Yes, but RTH is RTH.  If he's not trolling us and there's no reason to think he is, then the most it might go up is 10% or so.