CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Wonder Woman with (-313) theaters less , coming head-to-head with a direct competition, and yet you are telling me that it is still having a sub 40% weekend drop? What the hell is even happening...

9e0da689bb25bfebd7ccf7ef51c1b976.jpg  

Elementary my dear Kevin, your hate made Wonder Woman powerful and jinxed all of its competitors.

• Like 1

Amazing for Spidey.I don't get all the doomsday talk.The inclusion of IM was always gonna frontload it a bit but ko matter how you cut it...it's amazing.350M total is where i think it lands.Hell i would not be surprised if my initial prediction of 370M comes to pass.

Also,for me, WW is somehow still the big story of the weekend.How it managed to once again overperform and post this massive number in her 6th (!!!!!) weekend against a huge opened,one that was considered her most direct competition ,is over me(well deserved though).400M,and Tele's club,are vurtually locked yet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Really good for Spider, thinking $ 320 - 340m total.

Worldwide should cross $ 900m, no one should complain about it.

And for me, Infinity War will debut with $ 210 - 220m and finish with $ 500m.

Why for you only?

24 minutes ago, a2knet said:

375 OS after an 18m weekend for TF5

Little over 2x more the weekend gives 415 OS total (IDK if it has some markets remaining).

Adding 135 dom gives 650 WW.

China is looking at 227-229 in the end, so OS-China will be just 185-190.

Egypt

Argentina

Brazil

Panama

Peru

Mexico

Venezuela

Spain

Israel

Japan

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Reviews help with OW, not with legs.  Legs are dependant on what real people say about it and with rush factor and loonie base.  Reviews stop mattering after opening weekend.

Exactly. After the opening weekend, word of mouth is the true law,  not the Tomatoes one. :)

• Like 1

Guessing CW < IW < Ultron Domestically. Infinity War has the best potential out of all CBMs to open to $200M+, however I'm expecting it to crash after OW.

Worldwide, I'm thinking $1.3B-$1.4B at most.

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

problem with Apes is that it looks interchangeable from the last one. This likely hurt MI5 and Star Trek Beyond's opening weekends (though Mi5 had strong legs) and might be hurting Apes as well. 

Definitely catching Apes opening night mostly due to the peerless work by Weta on the apes. Couldn't agree more with this... I have zero interest in the narrative through line. Could not care less of the fate of any character. It really, really, aside from some humans and apes flipping from one side to the other, looks like more of the same. Just blandly drawn, well directed war flick in which I'm familiar with the apes but introduced new a set of sinister/merciless humans with a handful of human with hearts of gold that Caesar grow love/respect.

42 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Tell me almighty one with your gift of foresight what will the movie end up with domestically? 

I swear. I love WW, but I kinda wish now it was a massive failure, bc all these D.C. Twerps come out of the woodwork and start laying it on the mcu movies. Did they forget SS and BvS were massive disappointments? I'm hoping Thor ragnarok outgrosses JL. It'd be hilarious.

I'm sensing a lot of passion but a lot of Anger from you young one. Most of us here are just trying to deal with historical precedent and facts you are the one who is going off of emotion. Maybe it's you who needs to chill out just a little bit. Go to boxofficemojo.com and look up comic-book films and find out what the average multiplier is. Guardians of the Galaxy part 2 was a very popular film this summer and it's going to end with around a 2.8 multiplier. That would be an absolutely fantastic multiplier for Spider-Man homecoming.

• Like 3

Just now, YourMother said:

Guessing CW < IW < Ultron Domestically. Infinity War has the best potential out of all CBMs to open to $200M+, however I'm expecting it to crash after OW.

Worldwide, I'm thinking $1.3B-$1.4B at most.

This is exactly how I see it too. It will have to do something remarkable in marketing or WOM to do anything above Ultron DOM/WW.

41 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

And why aren't we using the non-sequel MCU average of 3x? Though I did exclude The Incredible Hulk in that average because we all know it's pretty much irrelevant to the franchise if we're being honest. 2.7x should be pretty much locked, I'd say anywhere up to 3.1x could happen. 

GOTG: 3.54x

IM1: 3.25x

Ant-Man: 3.15x

Avengers: 3x

Thor: 2.78x

Doctor Strange: 2.72x

Captain America: 2.7x

For Homecoming? Because its not an original movie.