That One Girl

D23 Expo 2017 | July 14-16 | It is over. Disney is bankrupt. RIP

1 minute ago, UNDERDOG said:

Also, I enjoyed the trailer but I sort of cracked up when I heard the sad rendition of "Sweet Dreams".

Is every trailer nowadays, gonna have a slow and sad rendition of famous songs? 

Is it bad I kinda like that trend?

• Like 2

WIT definitely isn't my thing. No wonder I never cared to read the book. Looks good technically but the story just isn't for me.

So Nutcracker takes Mulan's original slot and goes against dark Phoenix. Disappointing cause Mulan would have destroyed DP. 

1 minute ago, UNDERDOG said:

Also, I enjoyed the trailer but I sort of cracked up when I heard the sad rendition of "Sweet Dreams".

Is every trailer nowadays, gonna have a slow and sad rendition of famous songs? 

Depending on the trailer, I either cringe or laugh whenever the cover kicks in. Depends how on-the-nose the lyrics are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Depending on the trailer, I either cringe or laugh whenever the cover kicks in. Depends how on-the-nose the lyrics are.

Like, "We're floatttiinnnnggg....in space", as the trailer shows Optimus Prime floating in space.

Deep shit.

Blunt watched about 15 minutes of the original, but realized she had to stop and make Mary Poppins her own.

"No one is going to out-Julie Andrews Julie Andrews"

Blunt did study the books closely, though, and says that her Mary Poppins is maybe a bit more odd than Andrews' take

Oh before the panel for it starts I'll put in my hot take: I think Mary Poppins Returns wins 2018 domestically now that Mulan is out of the way. I've started the club saying JW/Infinity War go under 400 and I think Mary Poppins is the only movie to do it next year. These Disney fairy tale adaptations are probably the second biggest franchise behind Star Wars main trilogy.