That One Girl

D23 Expo 2017 | July 14-16 | It is over. Disney is bankrupt. RIP

I want these live action adaptations of the animated classics to stop so badly. They are just running completely rampant with them, it's beginning to make MCU's release schedule look quaint. I swear it's like their goal is to get all fifty something of the main canon animation films made by 2030. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 6

Some kind of red explosion, almost like lava

We see a distraught Leia standing against a snowy field

Some new creatrues, including a white fox-like creature

Lots of Rey training, apparently in a water tank at one point

We see both Rose and Finn in Imperial outfits

Edited by That One Guy

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I want these live action adaptations of the animated classics to stop so badly. They are just running completely rampant with them, it's beginning to make MCU's release schedule look quaint. I swear it's like their goal is to get all fifty something of the main canon animation films made by 2030. 

Well hate to say this but with Beauty and the Beast being the Top Movie this year its not going to stop anytime soon.

• Like 2

There's some kind of little, chubby frog-like creature with large black eyes

"It's about family," says Carrie Fisher at one point, "And that's what's so powerful about it."

The final shot sees Admiral Ackbar holding the shooting slate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I said before in like ten years the live action guys are gonna be hovering over the shoulder of the animation department waiting for new movie ideas.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, SuperBatman said:

Well hate to say this but with Beauty and the Beast being the Top Movie this year its not going to stop anytime soon.

I just can't understand why people are so enthralled with seeing these animated classics retold with so little changes, except for being in a medium that suits the stories so much more inadequately than animation like they were originally intended for? I mean if they would take some real creative risks with them and adapt them to stories that would suit live action better that would be one thing, but they're just not doing that. Why not just watch the animated classic instead? I just don't get it. Though I will give some props to both Alice and Maleficent since they did do something different than the animated films, though the problem with those two is that they were just mediocre films. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I just can't understand why people are so enthralled with seeing these animated classics retold with so little changes, except for being in a medium that suits the stories so much more inadequately than animation like they were originally intended for? I mean if they would take some real creative risks with them and adapt them to stories that would suit live action better that would be one thing, but they're just not doing that. Why not just watch the animated classic instead? I just don't get it. 

Nostalgia is a helluva drug. Also, in BatB's case, the concept of Hermione playing Belle