That One Girl

D23 Expo 2017 | July 14-16 | It is over. Disney is bankrupt. RIP

8 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

Not at all, sweetie. I'm a DC fan and it kinda annoys me that WB hasn't generated this kind of hype with JL yet. They better bring it next week.  

They needed to push Wonder Woman, geez...

Many were complaining about WB's marketing campaign about Wonder Woman and after the OW everyone shutted their mouths.

They know how to push a film... especially WB, while with films not critically acclaimed  (BVS, SS) ended being up being financially successful in the end.

Edited by stephanos13

- I liked that Wrinkle In Time teaser. It was colorful, creepy and intense. Reminds me of Alice Through The Looking Glass, but in a good way.

- Nutcracker is coming next year... no surprise. Mulan and Dumbo join Lion King in 2019... as if Disney's 2019 wasn't crowded enough already.

- Emily Blunt looks so good as Mary Poppins :wub:

- Good casting news for Aladdin. At this point, I'm fully on board for Will Smith as the Genie.

- Not sure what else people were expecting from The Lion King teaser other than the Circle Of Life sequence. That trailer alone, whenever it comes out, will get 200M OW locked the fuck down.

- Bummer that Lucasfilm didn't even try to hint at the 2020 Anthology (c'mon, the obvious demand for Obi-Wan has got to phase you at some point), but it does make sense to delve into The Last Jedi. As good as it looks from the trailer and as it probably will be, it sounds more and more like The Empire Strikes Back V2; but whatever, The Force Awakens was A New Hope V2 and was still a really good, fun movie, and Rian Johnson is talented. Also, Laura Dern... can't go wrong w/Laura Dern.

- Weird that Marvel didn't even touch Black Panther or Thor or Ant-Man or anything like that, but Infinity War does sound like utter madness. And you're not wrong, @Cmasterclay, it does sound more like a kid smashing all of his action figures against each other - but, to me, that sounds like a fun enough model for blockbuster filmmaking (if well done), and while a Wonder Woman or a Logan is absolutely the future of the genre, a movie like this demands epic scale insanity. It could be messy, it could be bloated, it's running big risks... but if it pays off, it's gonna be a work of legend.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

They needed to push Wonder Woman, geez...

Many were complaining about WB's marketing campaign about Wonder Woman and after the OW everyone shut their mouths.

They know how to push a film... especially WB, while with films not critically acclaimed  (BVS, SS) ended being up being financially successful in the end.

It's not the marketing I'm talking about. It's the general lack of excitement for JL in general. That's the problem. But I'll stop. I'm not getting into the Marvel/DC thing.

Edited by MrGamer2558

1 minute ago, MrGamer2558 said:

It's not the marketing I'm talking about. It's the general lack of excitement for JL in general. That's the problem. But I'll stop. I'm not getting into the Marvel/DC thing.

Thank you let's not do the Marvel/DC thing here

• Like 3

I think I'm more hyped for Infinity War than The Last Jedi, and that's coming from a Star Wars fan first and foremost. It's just going to be an absolute explosion of superhero ecstasy! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

- I liked that Wrinkle In Time teaser. It was colorful, creepy and intense. Reminds me of Alice Through The Looking Glass, but in a good way.

- Nutcracker is coming next year... no surprise. Mulan and Dumbo join Lion King in 2019... as if Disney's 2019 wasn't crowded enough already.

- Emily Blunt looks so good as Mary Poppins :wub:

- Good casting news for Aladdin. At this point, I'm fully on board for Will Smith as the Genie.

- Not sure what else people were expecting from The Lion King teaser other than the Circle Of Life sequence. That trailer alone, whenever it comes out, will get 200M OW locked the fuck down.

- Bummer that Lucasfilm didn't even try to hint at the 2020 Anthology (c'mon, the obvious demand for Obi-Wan has got to phase you at some point), but it does make sense to delve into The Last Jedi. As good as it looks from the trailer and as it probably will be, it sounds more and more like The Empire Strikes Back V2; but whatever, The Force Awakens was A New Hope V2 and was still a really good, fun movie, and Rian Johnson is talented. Also, Laura Dern... can't go wrong w/Laura Dern.

- Weird that Marvel didn't even touch Black Panther or Thor or Ant-Man or anything like that, but Infinity War does sound like utter madness. And you're not wrong, @Cmasterclay, it does sound more like a kid smashing all of his action figures against each other - but, to me, that sounds like a fun enough model for blockbuster filmmaking (if well done), and while a Wonder Woman or a Logan is absolutely the future of the genre, a movie like this demands epic scale insanity. It could be messy, it could be bloated, it's running big risks... but if it pays off, it's gonna be a work of legend.

:lol::D:rofl:

• Like 2