WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I'd laugh my ass off if this somehow becomes the highest grossing animated film domestically this year.

:lol: that would be hilarious.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Tomato Law (94%) was supposed to stem a decline from Dawn's 72.6 ow. I am not a believer any more :sadben:

Even the Great Tomato may not be able to buoy a film that's so oppressively dour. That said, this flick's gonna have nice, solid run stateside and do very well overseas too.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'd laugh my ass off if this somehow becomes the highest grossing animated film domestically this year.

In the anecdotal bad news sign, only a few of my kids said they "would" see Emoji, and of those few, when I asked if they wanted this or DM3, it was DM3 all the way...this is before we know if it's any good or not...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Even the Great Tomato may not be able to buoy a film that's so oppressively dour. That said, this flick's gonna have nice, solid run stateside and do very well overseas too.

Honestly, the tone may be a problem...not b/c it ruins the movie, but b/c so many people are sad about the current domestic state and don't want to be dragged even further down by their movies...

As always, timing can sometimes be everything...

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

In the anecdotal bad news sign, only a few of my kids said they "would" see this, and of those few, when I asked if they wanted this or DM3, it was DM3 all the way...this is before we know if it's any good or not...

Quality and my personal opinion aside, if they're kids, don't take them to War. They'll get pretty restless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Quality and my personal opinion aside, if they're kids, don't take them to War. They'll get pretty restless.

Not Apes...that thread was talking Emoji...I'd never take my kids to apes:)...

EDIT: Heck, I haven't taken myself to Apes...it's on my long list of "things I'll eventually watch when kids give me time"...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I know this is greedy, but 400 just isn't good enough anymore for me for WW. Its run has been so spectacular I want it to get an extra 9m so badly, so it can hit the top 5 CBM's of all time. Deserves to be there after this performance. 

I mean, does it really matter? Gotta figure something will pass and do so in short order... Whether it's the next Batman, or Justice League or, maybe, Infinity War. I mean, unless CBM start to really fall off, it won't last long there. And, it's ain't gonna make the top four of Avengers, Dark Knight, Ultron and Dark Knight Rises. Wondy Too might have a legit shot of getting there and staying there. Then again, given the insane multi here, gotta wonder if there's much room for growth or if it will be more like Hunger Games and jump about $15M to $30M to Wondy One.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I mean, does it really matter? Gotta figure something will pass it whether it's the next Batman, or Justice League or, maybe, Infinity War. I mean, unless CBM start to really fall off, it won't last long there. And, it's ain't gonna make the top four of Avengers, Dark Knight, Ultron and Dark Knight Rises.

Yeah, but wouldn't that be insanely impressive to have the only CBM's ahead of it be Dark Knight and Avengers films? But yeah, wouldn't be top 5 for long. Still would be pretty cool. 

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

@Telemachos may take Tele Jr (a near 6 year old) to Apes and Valerian.

I'm amazed it seems to have gotten a PG-13 for as dour and depressing as many say it is...this is why there's the "parent check" effect for these movies in later weekends...Spidey and WW vs Apes all being the same rating is wild to me...

• Like 1