WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

War for the Planet of the Apes was great! A lot of people on reddit seem to be picking it apart, but at the end of the day, I was entertained and on the edge of my seat the whole time. I've already flip-flopped multiple times today as to whether or not I liked it better than Dawn. It's in the same tier and it'll probably always be a matter of me switching between the two as to which was superior. Maybe a re-watch or two will give me a clear answer.

It deserves better at the box office, that's for sure.

One thing that bothers me is

Spoiler

I was browsing Twitter this morning, and on some random NFL-related tweet, I believe it contained the word "outstanding." What did one of the random replies to the tweet say? A key spoiler, of course!

Granted, I thought it was BS, and throughout the whole movie I'm thinking "yeah, is this the part where it supposedly happens?" Of course, it does end up happening, just at the part I least expected it and in a way I wasn't expecting at all. Go figure.

Still annoying as hell though. People like that, whether they're telling the truth or not, deserve to be banned from all social media.

Edited by superduperm
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Considering the fact that Crossroads was shit and released in the dead month of February, it's safe to assume that only her core fanbase showed up to that.  Styles isn't the main draw in this case, but he certainly is a component that can help boost BO numbers.

Sytles will likely have little impact on the films box office. They aren't even using his name in the films marketing.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Given the movie sounds like a Sy-Fy movie this really isn't surprising. Watch it do like San Andreas numbers though. 

47 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Ooh, stanning material right here!

44 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Not even bad in a good way though :lol:

"I thought at one point Statham might as well ask for shark-repellant"

• Like 2

Everything slowng down:sadben:.  Curious to see what happens with Dunkirk

Spidey drop doesn't look pretty, but it isn't doomed yet, 4% worse than Minions and 5% than AntMan. On par with TDKR

Edited by XO21

24 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

@That One Guy

I just want to say, I hope Valerian does well..................overseas.

For the sake of your psyche.

Evil side of me can't help but hope to enjoy a That One Guy meltdown. And a B+ from Mr.Pink for Dunkirk would be icing on the cake.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Spidey drop doesn't look pretty, but it isn't doomed yet, 4% worse than Minions and 5% than AntMan. On par with TDKR

If it follows TDKR then 325 dom will be the area where it will land.

• Like 4

A lot of analysts got Apes right

the-numbers 55

THR 55

Pro.BO 54

Guru (53) and Deadline (high-50s/low 60s) were not far off.

Variety went higher with 60-65

HSX OW trade was at 63.

BOM totally over-predicted Apes with 70 (and SMH with 57 for that matter - iJack territory).

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, XO21 said:

True. Spidey far far from doomed or any negativity for that matter. Can't see below 305. While 315+ seems realistic. 325-330 wouldn't shock me either. Post Dunkirk, no big competition and can have a very strong run thru rest of July and Aug/Sep.

As to TDKR, because that behaved a bit differently (due to the tragedy I guess), it rebounded with a 42.5% drop in the 3rd weekend, while Spidey should be high-40s/low-50s imo.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Your post comes off like you have anger issues.

But you see what I mean don't you?  A number comes out.....and you say, "Oh I knew it would do that number."  Then another number comes out and you say, "I knew the last number was too low."  It just comes off as strange.  Like you knew every number ahead of time.  So now that Apes is down to 19.5, what's your number for tonight?  If you seem to know all the numbers ahead of time, what will Apes end up with tonight?  I'm just curious.  I mean, you don't see other posters coming here and saying "I told you so" after every number comes out.

I didn't say anything about Ape's number because I didn't guess what the Saturday number was going to be one way or the other.