Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (Chapter Two) : APES:$5.79M | SMH:$5.46M | DM3 2.6M | BD 1.2M | WW: 875k

1 minute ago, baumer said:

It only makes sense. Spider-Man and Apes were so close to each other on Monday and this is Apes first Tuesday and a third third for Spider-Man. So if I'm not mistaken most films don't increase as much on their first Tuesday as they do in the later weeks. Having said that, RTH...care to provide us with some numbers Oh Holy One? :)

It's second actually, but that's not much of a difference

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rth Homecoming said:

35.5% bump for Spidey from 5.46 Monday

22.6% bump for War from 5.79 Monday

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

Even a 53-54% 3rd weekend drop gets Spidey to 250 cume by Sunday.

7.40 (+35.5%)

5.00 (-32.4%)

4.40 (-12%) ... 3 diverse movies having previews. being conservative to show that despite this 250 by 3rd weekend is very likely.

= 22.26 Mon-Thu

207.28 + 22.26 = 229.5 cume

Needs 20.5 3rd weekend (-53.6%) to do 250 cume. Should get there.

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

Even a 53-54% 3rd weekend drop gets Spidey to 250 cume by Sunday.

7.40 (+35.5%)

5.00 (-32.4%)

4.40 (-12%) ... 3 diverse movies having previews. being conservative to show that despite this 250 by 3rd weekend is very likely.

= 22.26 Mon-Thu

207.28 + 22.26 = 229.5 cume

Needs 20.5 3rd weekend (-53.6%) to do 250 cume. Should get there.

I'm just worried if theaters think Apes will hold better and drop more Spidey - one local theater dropped more Apes, but the other dropped more Spidey to just 4 showings/day (from 9) but kept all 12 Apes showings (can I say by Saturday, I'm not sure Apes won't have one stolen for a new movie?:)...

It's getting to be a tight screen situation at 12s and smaller...I mean, one dropped Wish Upon to one showing/day Friday so it technically still has it for 2 weeks...and the other dropped Big Sick to just 2 showings/day for the same reason...

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm just worried if theaters think Apes will hold better and drop more Spidey - one local theater dropped more Apes, but the other dropped more Spidey to just 4 showings/day (from 9) but kept all 12 Apes showings (can I say by Saturday, I'm not sure Apes won't have one stolen for a new movie?:)...

It's getting to be a tight screen situation at 12s and smaller...I mean, one dropped Wish Upon to one showing/day Friday so it technically still has it for 2 weeks...and the other dropped Big Sick to just 2 showings/day for the same reason...

Will be interesting to see what gets split nationwide, Wish Upon seems like a prime candidate 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Discount Tuesday's are just monstrous. In like no time, 40% increases will be the norm..

DM3 will probably increase at like 50%..

this is especially true in summer, tuesday is almost always outgross the coming friday