Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (Chapter Two) : APES:$5.79M | SMH:$5.46M | DM3 2.6M | BD 1.2M | WW: 875k

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

looks like Apes is doing similar to Star Trek Beyond last year. What is with audiences rejecting totally good installments in these sci fi franchises? 

In both case rejecting is such a strong word imo, audience rejected Mars need mom, The Invasion, the adventures of pluto nash, Zoom, Black Hat, Live by night, etc... not Star Trek that made 143 million more than Arrival last year and was in the top 20 domestic (it was #16, among the 165 wide release, it was in the top 10% of the movie audience welcomed, they rejected 90% of the movies more than they did for Star Trek without even talking about the 500+ movie they didn't even gave a chance to reach 600 theater)

War should do even more worldwide.

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If you say there's no "WOW!" factor, that's only because you didn't watch the amazing visuals in the first act.  Even then, it gets really intense after the first act.  Very emotional too.  Not my fault you didn't stay awake and as such aren't able to judge the film properly.

Maybe if it was a SCI-fi pic then yes I'll most likely would've stayed up.

Or maybe it's more to do with I wasn't really that interested.

Im all for CGI but the retro practical Apes were better.

13 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Excuses galore for War of the Planet of Apes.

Yet not one mention of poor reception or lack of quality.

Are you guys admitting you cherry pick and choose the cause for bad legs based on your personal bias?

No excuses from me. It's already looking to have crappy legs. Obviously the audience aren't agreeing with the Dark Knight level reviews. Like Spidey, that doesn't mean that they hate the film but it does mean that it isn't hitting as hard with the gen pop as it did with critics. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Are you guys admitting you cherry pick and choose the cause for bad legs based on your personal bias?

Apes is a dark, depressing movie with misleading marketing 

Spider-Man is basically a kids movie and kids movies usually hold well 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Spider-Man is basically a kids movie and Family movies usually hold well 

I fixed it for you.

21 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Spider-Man is basically a kids movie and kids movies usually hold well 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GambitPool said:

Quick question. Could one watch the Big Sick by their selves? 

Asking for a friend... 

giphy.gif

Don't judge me. 

Um yes? It's a good movie. Don't let being alone stop you

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Did BvS or SS have bad runs?   $325M+ domestic for both..  

Let's not go there as it will lead to a place where none of us wants to be:apocalypse:

Edited by Brainiac5

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I havent seen Apes, but from what ive heard, it isnt a fun blockbuster but a serious drama - and that can translate to a muted response among the GA, which usually flocks to fun and funny blockbusters.

It's been said before,  for whatever reason the GA doesn't like Summer movies that are tough to watch.  I don't want to call these people names,  I just don't understand where they are coming from.  I don't need every movie to make me laugh.  

12 hours ago, a2knet said:

Wondy, Kong, Lego, Annabelle, IT, JL, Dunkirk... WB will have a solid year. Ninjago and Blade Runner should do well too.

Arthur misfired. Don't know Geostorm's budget but that could be another misfire.

Tough to catch Disney these days but WB is undisputed #2.

:kitschjob:Universal's Happy Death day and Fox 's Kingsman The Golden Circle & Murder on the Orient Express (2017) will break out big. They will top WB.

41 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Some movies aren't as easily debatable. You can claim that anything in art is debatable but I don't feel that way.  From a technical and storytelling standpoint Apes is wonderful.  If someone wants to dissect what is "wrong" with Apes then go ahead...  I've yet to see a review that speaks on any true negatives.  I'm not challenging you specifically but if you think there's a ton of issues there then let's hear 'em in the Apes thread. 

9 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Let's not go there as it will lead to a place where none of us wants to be:apocalypse:

I swear everytime a CBM movie, this forum turns into something like a Chicken Fight from Family Guy. Some minor argument/fight between 2 people that escalates into where everyone gets hurt and when you think it's over there's another fight. I mean We aren't allowed to do CBM clubs with recent comparison now regardless of company (BP over Deadpool, JL under WW).

Edited by YourMother

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Some movies aren't as easily debatable. You can claim that anything in art is debatable but I don't feel that way.  From a technical and storytelling standpoint Apes is wonderful.  If someone wants to dissect what is "wrong" with Apes then go ahead...  I've yet to see a review that speaks on any true negatives.  I'm not challenging you specifically but if you think there's a ton of issues there then let's hear 'em in the Apes thread. 

I'm not bashing Apes.

But it seems people pick and choose when bad legs is due to poor quality.

For Spider-man Homecoming most people ruled out all potential causes except for lack of quality. They said it was proof the movie was average.

Now that Apes has bad legs people are looking for alternative reasons for the bad legs suddenly because they personally like the movie.

• Like 3