Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

TONIGHT

Tamara (Letitia Wright)* stands before the same burning field we saw her at at the end of the last film.

ARES (Andy Serkis)* (V.O):

I don't think I've made myself clear.

AT

We hover over a shattered picture frame of Commander Barks (Harry Lennix) together with his two adopted children Joel (Daniel Henney) and Kira (Naomi Scott).

ARES (V.O):

The universe is in a state of great disorder...

THE ACADEMY AWARDS

ARES (V.O):

And it needs someone like me...

Helms (Laurence Fishburne) and Hemphill (Holly Hunter) stare out a window in shock and horror.

ARES (V.O):

...To correct it.

Hundreds of thousands of warships suddenly appear before the five H.F.F ships.

#TSW2

Edited by cookie
  • Like 4

The Eternal Storm: The Scavenger Wars Part II (trailer #2) 14A Dec 09, 2018 3:45 Cookie Pictures

The Eternal Storm: The Scavenger Wars Part II (trailer #2R) PG Dec 09, 2018 3:30 Cookie Pictures
Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:
The Eternal Storm: The Scavenger Wars Part II (trailer #2 R) 14A Dec 09, 2018 3:45 Cookie Pictures

The Eternal Storm: The Scavenger Wars Part II (trailer #2 G) PG Dec 09, 2018 3:30 Cookie Pictures

I expect that extra fifteen seconds to be filled with writhing cockroaches all wiggling on top of each other.

:Venom:

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I expect that extra fifteen seconds to be filled with writhing cockroaches all wiggling on top of each other.

:Venom:

I mistimed it. It was ten extra seconds.

Edited by cookie

On 12/8/2018 at 12:02 PM, vault2008 said:

GATEWAY PRODUCTIONS OPENS THEIR DOORS

With an announcement of 4 films on the way in Y5, Gateway Productions have officially opened their doors and started development on their pictures. Though details were scarce, the studio has released the following information regarding their current projects in an interview with Chairman and CEO Jason Winters.

Hostel: Bloodline

Horror

January 8th

Directed by Eli Roth

Cast: TBA

Reveal hidden contents

Ricochet

Crime/Action

June 4th

Directed by Joe Carnahan

Cast: Dominic Purcell, Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, William Fichtner, Tom Welling, & Claire Forlani

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled Western Horror

Western/Horror

September 10

Directed by Neil Marshall

Cast: Viggo Mortensen

Reveal hidden contents

Winston

Drama/Comedy 

December 17th

Directed by Mike Binder

Cast: Paul Rudd, Rachel McAdams, Pierce Brosnan, Noah Schnapp, Kathryn Newton, Peter Stormare, and Freddie Highmore

Hide contents

The most out-of-place addition to the action and horror heavy lineup, Jason Winters is fully aware of how strange the film's placement may be within the lineup, but also notes it's no coincidence: "This is a family film centered around a dog, the titular Winston. Highmore and Rudd play the same character at different points in his life. One just out of high school and struggling with school and a first job, the other a functioning adult dealing with work and family problems. We tie the two together with Winston, a dog, and it's really his story and how he affects those all around him."

On the genre of the film: "It's definitely more drama-heavy, but the comedy's there. I wanted all the cast to be able to really show their reach with this film, and I think they will. It's also the timing of it. It's a movie about family, and we intentionally placed it between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think people will really enjoy it."

---

Finally, when asked if there are any surprises in store for Y5 or any unannounced projects in the works, Winters smiled. "Anything can happen, can't it?"

Welcome to the game!

One question about Winston - it looks like Highmore and Rudd are about 23 years in age apart. Unless they focus on the puppy years and his death, I think that's a long time for a dog to live.

Otherwise, super excited to read it!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Welcome to the game!

One question about Winston - it looks like Highmore and Rudd are about 23 years in age apart. Unless they focus on the puppy years and his death, I think that's a long time for a dog to live.

Otherwise, super excited to read it!

Oh yeah don't worry that will be addressed. There is a jump but it kind of comes at a natural point and I try to spend time at key points during the dog's life. The dog will have a natural lifespan, no supernatural stuff going on.

Plus Rudd looks amazing for his age. Still can't believe he's almost 50. 

• Like 2

MITCH LOWE TAPPED TO HEAD JONNY JONNY CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

As Edward Nadny and Michelle Haywood are both incredibly busy with their own slates, they've hired Mitch Lowe, famed CEO of MoviePass, to head the new cinematic universe, currently called the Jonny Jonny Cinematic Universe (JJCU). In addition to the announcements of Rapsittie Street Kids: A Bunny's Tale and Jonny, Jonny! (Yes Papa?) Making Sequel? (No Papa!) Telling Lies? (No Papa!) Buy Tickets Now! (Ha! Ha! Ha!): THE MOVIE 2, Lowe will be in charge of producing an adaptation of the New York Times bestseller Hope Never Dies. John Malkovich and Bokeem Woodbine are attached to star in this film, tentatively scheduled for Y7.

• Astonished 1

Just now, Blankments said:

As Edward Nadny and Michelle Haywood are both incredibly busy with their own slates, they've hired Mitch Lowe, famed CEO of MoviePass, to head the new cinematic universe, currently called the Jonny Jonny Cinematic Universe (JJCU). In addition to the announcements of Rapsittie Street Kids: A Bunny's Tale and Jonny, Jonny! (Yes Papa?) Making Sequel? (No Papa!) Telling Lies? (No Papa!) Buy Tickets Now! (Ha! Ha! Ha!): THE MOVIE 2, Lowe will be in charge of producing an adaptation of the New York Times bestseller Hope Never Dies. John Malkovich and Bokeem Woodbine are attached to star in this film, tentatively scheduled for Y7.

Can Jonathan Testicles and Coconut Fred join?

37 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I demand an adaptation of The Christmas Tree. 

latest?cb=20180523011208

Spoiler

Black screen.

LUCINA (MEW): I've failed him...

Open to an injured Lucina sitting in a cramped space pod talking to her superior, Admiral Helms (Laurence Fishburne), who's seen staring out a window into empty nothing, his arm resting against the glass.

LUCINA: I've failed them...

Lucina hangs her head in shame.

LUCINA: ...I've failed everyone.

Helms turns to look at her.

HELMS: Nothing good lasts forever. I fear this has been a long time coming before our two worlds even met...

Cut back to black.

HELMS: We just didn’t see it before it was too late.

(0:00-0:10)

- COOKIE PICTURES -

We seem to flash back to a point earlier in time, where we see Tamara, Queen of Khouga (Letitia Wright mo-cap), gazing out a balcony at night, as a Scavenger elder named Torann (F. Murray Abraham mo-cap) walks up to her.

TORANN (V.O): It's been five years... Are you still waiting for him?

Tamara continues looking out, pondering.

TAMARA: No... and I haven't been for a long time.

(0:10-0:21)

We shift to see Lucina slumped against the side of a bed, looking weary, drunk and tired when she's found by Helms and two others: Captain Julia Hemphill (Holly Hunter) and her husband Arthur (Kenneth Branagh).

HELMS (V.O): You took upon a responsibility you shouldn't have...

The drowsy Lucina looks up at Helms, who stares at her back frustrated and concerned.

HELMS (V.O): What happened wasn't your fault.

LUCINA (V.O): I want to believe that...

We see a cracked picture frame of Commander Barks (Harry Lennix) and his two adaptive children Joel (Daniel Henney) and Kira (Naomi Scott) spread across the floor.

LUCINA (V.O): ...But I can't shake it.

(0:22-0:32)

We pan across the various H.F.F ships in quick flashes, each showing increased wear and tear from the last film.

HEMPHILL (V.O): I'm afraid this fleet can't hold us for much longer...

The same drowsy Lucina, followed by Helms and Hemphill, inspects cracks forming on parts of the H.F.F Milky Way.

HEMPHILL (V.O): We need a place we can call home.

Lucina is overlooking the Milky Way city with Hemphill standing next to her.

HEMPHILL: And I don't believe for even a second you can lead us there.

Lucina gives Hemphill a glare.

(0:33-0:43)

We transition to seeing Lucina in casual wear board a small spaceship that an overhead display says is heading for Khouga.

HELMS (V.O): Take some time and clear mind. See the universe.

She finds herself seated next to a Scavenger woman staring out the window. She turns to look at Lucina with suspicion and disgust.

LUCINA (V.O): What is there even to see? It's all the same.

Lucina tries to reach out for a handshake, mentioning her name in the process, but the Scavenger woman simply says her name is Sal (Sasha Lane mo-cap) without returning the handshake.

(0:44-0:52)

The two are distracted by shining light coming out of the window, and they both move over to see what it is.

HELMS (V.O): I think you'll find that time has changed all of us.

Both their eyes widen in amazement.

(0:54-1:04)

The spaceship descends from the clouds and reveals a new Khouga, one of grassy, flowery fields and valleys instead of rough deserts. With waterfalls running and life blossoming all over. We get a quick glimpse of a human/Scavenger settlement living in seeming harmony.

We cut to Lucina and Sal on the ground, Lucina standing barefoot in the grass lifting her left foot to stare at the mud and dirt stuck on it. Tamara arrives, smiling at the two.

TAMARA: How'd you like my home?

(stop)

LUCINA (stirred): There's...th-there's real grass beneath my feet... and... and there's lots of them... buh... buh...

While Lucina runs around dazzled and hollering like mad, Sal turns to Tamara annoyed.

SAL: Please tell me they're not all like this...

TAMARA: Mmm... Some get quicker used to it than others.

LUCINA: There's grass everyone, holy shit!!!

(1:04-1:15)

Lucina's introduced to Reese (Terry Notary mo-cap), remade to resemble a robot wolf instead of his humanoid form from the last movie. Lucina and Sal then look up to see running down a hill of flowers towards them is another Scavenger girl named Luna (Taissa Farmiga mo-cap). She stops a few feet short and gives them a wide, warm smile which Tamara returns.

(stop)

The four find themselves in a spring with crystal clear water. Lucina is surveying her surroundings when Luna walks towards the edge of the pool and removes her robe, showing her bare naked. Lucina is startled by this.

LUCINA: Oh... uh... um...

Luna turns to her, smiling.

LUNA: ...What?

LUCINA: I... didn't know that's how we do things around here.

Luna dives into the pool and peeks her head out of the water to look back at Tamara, Lucina and Sal, nodding at them to come along.

LUCINA: ...

SAL: ...Oh get in, you fucking pussy!

Sal pushes Lucina into the water, splashing it all over Tamara much to her chagrin.

TAMARA (sarcastic): Thank you, Sal, that was very necessary.

(1:16-1:25)

Lucina swims up to Luna who places both her hands on Lucina's forehead.

LUCINA (V.O): It's like your world's born anew...

Lucina meets Luna's sister, a similar-looking if a bit shorter Scavenger girl named Sunn (Bex Taylor-Klaus mo-cap) in the same location.

LUCINA (V.O): A wasteland turned into a paradise...

In a somewhat mocking fashion, Lucina taps Sunn's nose going "boop", much to her annoyance.

We see Lucina and Tamara sitting together in a field outside. Tamara suddenly appears concerned.

TAMARA: I don't know if that's as true as it seems...

(1:26-1:35)

Montage of Tamara showing Lucina around her world, letting her see the sights and experience the culture and introducing us to more characters, many appearing hostile to Lucina and others like her.

TAMARA (V.O) Some wounds just refuse to heal...

We see a Scavenger named Jarek (Ben Foster mo-cap) holding a political rally, smirking as the crowd before him cheers him on.

TAMARA (V.O): And I fear it's all going to come crashing down...

We abruptly shift to Tamara and Lucina reacting in shock and distress to the settlement we saw earlier up in flames against a night sky.

(stop)

SAL: You may be right.

Tamara and Lucina turn to see Sal standing behind them.

LUCINA: ...About what?

SAL: That it’ll all come crashing down. And I don't think you'll be prepared for when it does.

Tamara looks away in concern.

(1:35-1:43)

We shift to seeing Ares (Andy Serkis mo-cap), a humanoid creature with stretched skin, a metal prosthetic leg dragging across the floor and body armor that seems to keep its torso together, standing before a massive window overlooking outer space.

ARES (V.O): We have stood idly by for far too long...

We move to see him from the front, snarling at something off-screen.

ARES (V.O): The course of history... is decided only by the victor.

Helms and Hemphill look out a window to see apparently the same thing.

HELMS: ...My god.

(stop)

In one long shot, an army of small spaceships descend on the H.F.F fleets, firing at them and causing damage before joining together like a swarm of bees and descending on one H.F.F ship in particular, BURSTING RIGHT THROUGH IT OBLITERATING IT IN AN INSTANT, before turning their attention back to the remaining fleet.

Cut to black.

JAREK (V.O): I won't deny times are changing...

We see Jarek putting a choke hold on Tamara as loyal Scavengers cause havoc around him.

JAREK: ...But maybe not in the way you wanted.

(1:44-2:15)

Tamara frees herself from Jarek's grip as Sal, brandishing a spear, comes in to help fight him off.

We get quick flashes of various action bits:

• Sal leading Tamara and a frightened Luna across a rioting city
  • Lucina being jumped on by a pack of Scavengers in a long hallway
  • Tamara trying to save civilians in the burning settlement
  • Reese being chased across the landscape by Scavenger pursuers
  • Human ships engaging in combat with Ares' warships... and losing badly

SAL (V.O): You've brought this on yourself!

Tamara attacks a Scavenger continually setting the settlement ablaze with a flamethrower.

SAL (V.O): And now everyone you've ever loved is going to pay for it!

Tamara, Luna and Sal lie together in a large bed in various states of undress, Luna pressing her face against Tamara's chest.

SAL (V.O): I only want to save what you have left!

Tamara are Sal are in a shooting range where an angered Sal fires a rifle at a target without even looking, hitting bullseye.

LUNA (V.O): I've seen things... terrible things...

Luna and Sunn press their foreheads together in sisterly solidarity, Luna seeming more distressed than Sunn.

LUNA (V.O): Tamara, I’m scared...

In the bed scene we saw earlier, Luna closes her eyes as she's pressed against Tamara's chest, letting out a small tear.

(2:16-2:23)

THIS DECEMBER

We see the main characters in a still arid part of Khouga, being chased by a massive sandworm.

THE SAGA ABOUT THE END

Sal readies a sniper rifle and aims it at something off-screen.

CONTINUES

Tamara finds herself in a duel with another Scavenger, sustaining injury but managing to hold her ground.

(2:24-2:32)

• Helms tries to navigate through a crowd of panicking humans as their vessel is being attacked by Ares' ships.
  • Sal fires her rifle at a target in the far distance.
  • In the bed scene we saw before, Sal moves over to wrap her arms around Tamara whose arms are wrapped around Luna
  • Lucina, seemingly trapped in a dark void, floats down towards something glowing in green beneath her.
  • Seeing Tamara in danger, Reese lunges at the Scavenger attacking her, showing off his massive sharp metal teeth before striking him down.

(stop)

Cornered, Lucina takes out a metal rod which transforms into an axe and swings it at her opponents, striking one right in the head and caving his skull in. She then strikes another assailant in the genital area and launches him upwards, smashing his head against the roof. She headbutts a Scavenger trying to choke her from behind before stealing a knife which she stabs in a fourth's guy's eye with.

We cut to later in the same fight where multiple attackers push onto Lucina and try to drive her towards the edge of a balcony.

Cut to black.

HELMS (V.O)If there's one thing I've learned is that peace is only ever temporary. We can try to prevent it all we want...

(2:36-end)

We're back in the same scene as the first part of the trailer. Helms crouches down and places his hand on Lucina's shoulder.

HELMS (V.O): ...But the storm always comes back around.

THE ETERNAL STORM

T H E  S C A V E N G E R  W A R S  P A R T  I I

???: How's the world up there?

Tamara, in the same black void as we saw Lucina in earlier and illuminated by a reddish glow, sees something off-screen. She attempts to stay calm as we hear heavy footsteps approaching.

???: Was it everything you've hoped for?

Out of the void steps Packer (Jason Isaacs), looking exactly like he did at the moment of his death in the first film.

PACKER: Or should you just burn it all down?

Tamara tries to look away as Packer closes in on her. His smirk turns into a devilish grin.

DECEMBER 17TH

In theaters, Cinerama and IMAX

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1