Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

@cayommagazine

F. Gary Gray to helm Lyrical, a new version of another cancelled Endless Entertainment project; Bullets and Lyrics, to theaters Holiday Y7. Shamiek Moore (Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, Dope) and Zendaya (Spider-Man: Far From Home, Dune) will star as the leads for the project as the studio is still searching for a songwriter.

• Like 3

@cayommagazine

Endless Animation has begun development on Cosmic 3000. Much like My Peoples, Can You Imagine? and Medusa, this’ll be the fourth revived animation project from the studio. Cosmic 3000 will also incorporate Worldmeander technology giving the film an aesthetic similar to Klaus and Treasure Planet.

Dean DeBlois (How To Train Your Dragon 2, How to Train Your Dragon 3) is confirmed to direct the project as Ncuti Gatwa (Netflix’s Sex Education) and Jimmy Tatro (Thirsty, 22 Jump Street) are set to star as the leads.

• Like 3

@cayommagazine

Phoenix Fire Entertainment has some major announcements to make.

Firstly, as a consequence of creative differences, John McTiernan will no longer direct Far Cry, leaving it instead to legendary action filmmaker Paul Verhoeven, helmer of the likes of RoboCop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers. The R rated adaptation of the action adventure video game Far Cry 3 will star Dylan Minnette as Jason Brody, a young man who will embrace his psychopathic and animalistic instincts to become a killer as he tries to rescue his family from Vaas Montenegro, played by Diego Luna. Madelaine Petsch, Hank Azaria, Anna Gunn, Wyatt Oleff and Omar Sy also star. The film will be released on July Y8.

Thanks to a friendly deal between Phoenix Fire and Endless Entertainment, Dean DeBlois will helm Cosmic 3000 and depart The Lost Empire. A substitute has been found: The High Cost Of Living, Mr. Robot and The Mandalorian filmmaker Deborah Chow. This will be a PG-13 adaptation of Atlantis: The Lost Empire and star Will Poulter and Nathalie Emmanuel as Milo Thatch and Princess Kida respectively. To be released on MLK Weekend Y8.

Finally, James Wan is set to direct and produce Dreams, an adaptation of the video game of the same name. An anthology of multiple different "dreams" (short films based on the games created within the game), Dreams is already set to include Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga in undisclosed roles in the cast. The film will be released in December Y9, joining Mighty Fall and Invader Zim as one of Phoenix Fire's major releases of the year.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Untitled Christmas Epic Enters Production At Blankments Productions

Daniel Destin Cretton (Just MercyThe Ancient Magus' Bride and the King of Cats) will writes and directs a sci-fi epic that will address the evolution of the holidays on a refugee spaceship, following an evacuation of Earth. Taking place over three generations, the film will feature a large ensemble cast, with Brie Larson (Guys and Dolls, The Dogs of Babel), Laura Linney (Sully, You Can Count On Me) and Oscar Isaac (O, Maestro!, Inside Llewyn Davis) as the leads of the film. The film is aiming for a budget around $100 million and a long runtime to match the story's scope. It is set for release in early November Y8.

• Like 6

@cayommagazine

Contrary to initial reports, Phoenix Fire Entertainment's Christmas Y9 blockbuster Dreams will not be helmed by James Wan. Wan will instead direct the Ryan Reynolds-led Nickelodeon adaptation Invader Zim, making his debut in animation. Zim will be released the same year in September.

Phoenix Fire can now confirm, however, the real director of Dreams:

Spoiler

250px-Steven_Spielberg_by_Gage_Skidmore.

Steven Spielberg, arguably the greatest film director of all time, will helm and produce Dreams for Phoenix Fire.

The video game adaptation is set to have a $100M+ budget and will tell the story... of many others telling stories and sharing their "dreams" to the world.

• ...wtf 1

@cayommagazine

Sequel mania hits Endless, as the studio marks down two tentpoles for Y8. 

JustIn Lin will return to direct Off-Road 2 NuGrounds which will arrive in theaters May Y8. Denzel Washington is also confirmed to return, as the studio shows a synopsis:

”After the events of Off-Road, Henry and the gang have been working for the United States government, racing in badass multipurpose cars. However, things turn bad when it seems the crew is seemingly set up and framed for a botch job involving codes that’ll control any electronic. On the run and desperate to stop the reformed NuSource, which is now called NuGrounds from enacting a plot for world domination on the run from NuGrounds agents and the FBI. To make matters worse, NuGrounds’ top assassin is Jonas Rivett (Denzel Washington), missing legendary racer and Henry’s father.”

Chad Stahelski returns for Green Arrow: Countdown, which is confirmed to be R-rated. Count Vertigo alongside Sportsmaster and Cupid are confirmed to be the main villains as Artemis is confirmed to be Arrow’s sidekick.

• Like 2

@cayommagazine

After yesterday's report that James Wan has been tapped to direct Invader Zim for Phoenix Fire Entertainment, the studio now confirms that this is a false allegation, and that Wan is being reserved for a future project in the studio.

Phoenix Fire also confirms that the final, official choice for Zim is one of the names originally mentioned as being in talks to direct the film: The Ren & Stimpy Show director Peter Avanzino.

Invader Zim will be released on September Y8 and star Ryan Reynolds.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Blankments Productions Unveils Shining Star Animation's Upcoming Slate

Attempting to make an aggressive push towards building their animation studio's portfolio, Blankments Productions has decided to move towards two Shining Star Animation releases for the next three years. The dates they are announcing are as follows:

Sir Thymes Time 2 - 5/12/Y7

Birdwing - 11/22/Y7

Dog Man - 6/7/Y8

School of Sharks - 11/27/Y8

Carmen's Voyage - 6/13/Y9

Duck Hunt: Now Bundled with R.O.B.! - 11/26/Y9

Sir Thymes Time 2 has already been unveiled in marketing, and as such, the sequel, directed by Trish Gum, won't be detailed here.

Birdwing, based on the novel by Rafe Martin, follows the story of Ardwin, the youngest of seven brothers who were transformed into swans as children. Although their sister lifted the curse for the most part, Ardwin was left with a scar from it, one arm remaining a wing. Now seventeen and with his father eager to marry him off, Ardwin goes on a journey to try to finally lift his remaining curse. This fairy tale musical will be directed by Nathan Greno and Byron Howard and will feature original songs written by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater.

Dog Man, based off the books by Dav Pilkey, is a wacky slapstick comedy about a cop, who after an accident, has the head of a dog transplanted onto his body. Now aptly named Dog Man, he becomes his city's biggest hero, to the annoyance of his arch-nemesis, Petey (Adam Driver), a conniving cat with plans to take over the world. Tom McGrath will direct this superhero comedy, which will have a notably lower budget than most of Shining Star Animation's films.

School of Sharks, directed by Mike Mitchell, is a collaboration between Shining Star Animation and New Journey Pictures Animation. Under the sea, a young bright-eyed shark goes to a shark high school on the first day; through the formation of an unlikely bond with a flounder--the test subject for the sharks to learn how they're attracted to blood--the shark begins to realize that the Shark School exists to perpetuate the Shark's status as being on the top of the food chain.

Carmen's Voyage, the long awaited original sci-fi musical, will finally release in Y9. It follows Carmen and her fathers, refugees from a decimated Earth as they roam the galaxy. However, everything changes when they make first contact with aliens. The film will be directed by Adrian Molina and feature original songs by Molina, Germaine Franco, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty.

Duck Hunt: Now Bundled with R.O.B.! is the sequel to Y6's hit Duck Hunt. Heavily featuring the character of R.O.B. (who appeared after the credits of the first movie), Snickers and Sharon return for another wacky adventure, this time exploring Snickers' true ancestry as R.O.B. attempts to hunt him down for his old master, Hogan. Carlos Saldanha returns to direct!

"With these six films," Edward Nadny stated, "we hope to bring Shining Star Animation to the forefront of animation in Hollywood. We're very excited for the development of all of these films."

• Like 5

@cayommagazine

In a rare case of marketing, Endless Animation has made a deal with Cartoon Network to air 5 new shorts based on the characters from the upcoming Toons V Reality, every Friday night starting September 29th at 7:00 PM EST, leading up to the November 3rd, Y7 release date.

Each one will feature a different character in the short and a different animation style, each one directed by new auteur animation artists at Endless Animation.

• Like 2

@cayommagazine

Dana Terrace (The Owl House) has been confirmed to write and direct, Miraculous: A New Generation for Endless Animation. 

Maddeline Madden is also attached as the lead, as Faith Rivera, the main protagonist of the film, as Zhang Ziyi and Monica Bellucci sign on the film, the latter is said to be the main antagonist Lila Rossi. 

More details will arrive tomorrow for the Y9 project.

• Like 2

@cayommagazine

Spoiler
Spoiler

As Endless Animation prepares for an eventful Year 7 with long awaited Should You Imagine and Lord/Miller comedy Toons V Reality, Endless Animation has finally decided to give a franchise a reboot but from the studio’s live action side.

Miraculous, the Y3 made a decent profit but ideas for a sequel floundered, as longtime friend of the studio Endless Entertainment, Rebecca Sugar was going to helm a reboot/sequel but Sugar pitched the idea as an animated film and the studio heads loved it and got Dana Terrace involved.

Miraculous: A New Generation inspired by Batman Beyond as well as XJ9: Reboot, the film will take place 25 years into the future, in the year 2045. Longtime superhero and guardian of the Miraculous, (creatures that bond with the user to grant them extraordinary superpowers) Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug (Zhang Ziyi) and her partner Adrien Agreste/Chat Noir (Chris Pine) have defeated the Hawk Moth as Marinette and Adrien finally get together. However, the body of Hawk Moth or Hawk Moth’s Miraculous has gone missing. As time passes and to further her duties as guardian, Marinette leaves Adrien and takes the miraculouses and hides.

Faith Rivera (Maddeline Madden), is a haughty yet insecure high school junior decides to take a job at A Taste of Paris’ Bakery ran by older Marinette as Faith tries to earn enough money to help support her family. Upon working overnight, Faith stumbles upon the Miraculous Trixx (Jean Dujardin) turning her into the heroine Vixen.

When an old enemy and rival of Marinette, billionaire and compulsive liar Lila Rossi (Monica Bellucci) has taken the mantle of Hawk Moth as well as the missing miraculous with a devastating plan for revenge that would allow world domination, Marinette must train Faith to not only become a hero, but a successor.

The cast also includes

Yuri Lowenthal

Ice Cube

Jackie Buscarino

Kevin Michael Richardson

Nicole Sullivan

The film will be Endless Entertainment’s first entirely traditionally animated film, not using Worldmeander, as the project is slated for Spring Y9. Terrace also said the film won’t be a comedy, which is surprisingly rare for Endless Animation noting it’ll carry a darker tone. When asked if the film would be PG-13, Terrace said not to rule anything out as Endless Animation is CAYOM’s biggest brand and can afford a risk.

• Like 1

@CookiePictures

Coming Summer Y8

A great, big new space adventure the makers of 'Voltron' and 'The Scavenger Wars'

and the director of 'Looper', 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' and 'Knives Out'

Alex Wolff

Madison Iseman

Shameik Moore

Kelly Marie Tran

Jennifer Ehle

Michael Shannon

Asia Kate Dillon

Lance Reddick

with

Jake Gyllenhaal

Daniel Craig

and

Hugh Jackman

Full details coming March

Edited by cookie
  • Like 5
  • Astonished 2

* Trailer debuting in December Y6, showing before screenings of Duck Hunt and Gateways *

Spoiler

(0:00-0:18, instrumental) 

Cookie Pictures

A n i m a t i o n

We open in a forestry landscape on an autumn's day. We see a girl with blue hair, red sweater and boots, yellow scarf and a beret run across the hills and past waterfalls with her pet fox, a fusion between a deer and an arctic fox.

Hilda (Pixie Davies) (V.O): My name's Hilda, and I love it out here in the wilderness!

scale_1200

As Hilda jumps over a few rocks to cross a river, a sketchbook falls out of her pocket. "Twig" is quick to leap and catch the book before it drops into the water.

Hilda (V.O): And that there is my best friend, Twig! He loves the wilderness too!

Cut to Hilda finding a peculiar looking rock, one resembling a long-nosed troll. Hilda takes out her sketchbook and starts drawing, but as the sun sets she feels the earth shake.

Hilda (V.O): It can be quite treacherous, though...

(stop)

rc4W3BfRDTzMoH6kvrpQ6N4GVSNYsD0_a3vQLH9L

The rock cracks open. The troll comes to life, glaring at Hilda. It bursts out of its shell, roaring to heavens!

Hilda: (nervous chuckle) ...Time to go.

We see Hilda and Twig getting chased by the troll as they run past numerous other fantastical creatures — flying wolf pups, mysterious ravens, forest giants and more.

Hilda (V.O): ...But such is the life of an adventurer!

(0:34-0:45, instrumental) Cut to Hilda in a cabin, interacting with her mother, Johanna (Michelle Dockery).

Hilda (V.O): My mum's always looking out for me...

Johanna: So, how were the woods today?

Hilda: Oh, the usual... birds chirping, got chased by an angry troll...

Johanna: Chased by what?!

Hilda (V.O): It does get on her nerves once in a while...

A "Wood Man" (Lakeith Stanfield), a humanoid made entirely out of wood, casually wanders inside Hilda's home with a book in his hands. He lies on the carpet by the fireplace and starts reading, much to Johanna's chagrin.

RAa1IV6_ObQ5Oko3Tji8hfqAAGvxI0W-UB0Z6yHm

Wood Man: It's drafty in here. You should really close that door.

Johanna: (grinds her teeth)

Hilda (V.O): But I know we're not leaving this place. Not ever!

Cut to Johanna and Hilda in a separate room, with Johanna having something to tell Hilda.

Johanna: I think we'll have to move to Trolberg.

(stop)

Hilda stares at her mother in bafflement.

Hilda: ..."Trolberg?" The big city?!

Cut to Hilda standing on the streets of Trolberg, a large, Nordic-esque city, surrounded by people of all kinds walking past her. She does not look happy to be there.

Cut back to the cabin.

Hilda: Why?!

Cut to their living room at night. Their TV suddenly turns on, blaring static as an announcement from a British-sounding man plays, drawing Hilda, Twig and Johanna's attention.

Announcer: Attention, residents! Due to your failure to heed our warnings, we shall now implement forcible eviction from the premises!

All havoc breaks out. All manner of items, including knives, books, mugs and others fly across the room as if Johanna and Hilda were being haunted by a ghost. The two take cover on the couch as Twig swipes at the air trying to stop whoever's attacking them.

Cut back to Hilda and Johanna talking.

Johanna: We can't stay here, Hilda! Not if this is gonna keep happening!

Cut to a shot of a solemn Johanna and Hilda walking up the stairs, overlooking the destruction the invisible forces caused.

17.jpg

Hilda (V.O): But we've been here since I was born!

Johanna (V.O): I only ask you to keep an open mind. If not for yourself... then at least for me.

Johanna looks at her daughter with pleading eyes. Hilda looks reluctant to accept, but nods.

This August

We see Hilda in her bed at night. A tiny shadow runs past her, waking her up.

Hilda: Who's there?!

???: I don't want to be a bother, but some of my kind were in your house and caused a bit of a ruckus. I'd like to apologize on their behalf!

Hilda sees herself in the mirror, and then a tiny, white elf named Alfur (Himesh Patel) pops out the side of her ear!

t7QaQF0X7vKRwekehDM70wIaqXKJY_yeN8c1CaEb

Alfur: Hello!

Hilda: You're very, very small...

Alfur: Mmm, I'm on the tall side for an elf, actually!

(0:58-1:22, instrumental)

From the studio behind 'The Number One Dime'

CeLSZ96gDUehcsbSIXGPRMZ096GQPhEe0sDnTDb5

We see Hilda and Alfur outside, discovering a whole village of elves living just outside her house.

Alfur: Welcome to one of fifteen elven counties, also known as your front yard!

Hilda: Woah...

Hilda walks around in amazement, but she almost steps on one of the houses, causing its residents to get very angry at her.

Hilda: I don't understand, if we've lived here for so long, why are you trying to drive us out?

Alfur: It's the new prime minister!

We see the Elf prime minister, Molgren (Stephen Merchant), swiveling in his office chair with a devilish grin on his face.

Alfur (V.O): He promised to get rid you, and now he has to see to it that he does!

Cut to Hilda in a confrontation with Molgren at his office. She peeks her nose through the window going "excuse me!", causing Molgren's ministers to run around in panic at the sight of the giant girl.

71ffAo6Rce_-CedUgeN_iWWimP8QbteGNktS5832

Molgren: You must understand you're very loud! You keep babies up!

Hilda: But I love my home, and I don't want to leave it!

Molgren: Apologies, giant girl, but plans are already in motion! 

Hilda: ...You're saying it's out of your hands?

Molgren: Yes!

(stop) Molgren's hiding his hands behinds his back. As he reveals them, we see his "arms" and he, like all the elves, don't actually have hands.

Molgren: And I don't even have hands! (nervous chuckle)

(1:51-2:11, instrumental)

A whole new adventure

We quick cut between Hilda, Twig and Alfur going on various adventures while Molgren makes plans for having his men stage another attack on their house.

Hilda (V.O): I must stop them from driving me and mum out of our home! You have to help me!

Alfur: That would violate every protocol...

Alfur rushes to Hilda's defense when she's being attacked by a couple of Elf soldiers, fighting them off with a tiny sword!

Alfur (V.O): But I'm ready for anything!

Hilda's rather amused than alarmed by this fight, however, as it's like watching a few tiny speckles wrestle.

Big and small

Molgren: We can't have the giants stay in this valley! They must be removed!

General: You're saying we're going to war with them, sir?

Cut to Molgren amassing a whole army of elves, gathering just outside Hilda's house at sunset, sparring a confrontation between them and the humans.

Cut to the determined, sinister look on Molgren's face.

Molgren: I'm saying we're not NOT going to war with them.

(stop) Awkward silence.

General: Does that mean we are going to war with them, sir?

Molgren: OF COURSE WE ARE! That's why I used a double negative!

General: I just didn't see the need for it, sir.

Molgren sighs.

(2:54-3:18)

Cut to a montage of various scenes:

• Hilda and Johanna in a car, being chased by various creatures
  • Hilda and Twig visiting a lone cabin in the woods
  • Hilda leaping off a cliff with a screaming Alfur clinging on, only to be swept up by a flying wolf pup
  • Johanna looking out a window, gasping at a huge shadow hovering over her
  • Hilda and Twig being chased by the troll through the woods

Hilda (V.O): Like I said, the wilderness can be quite treacherous...

• Molgren shouting "ATTACK!" as his men begin their assault
  • Hilda and Johanna cowering behind their couch as their living room gets trashed
  • Twig getting into a fight with a large, bunny-like creature
  • Wood Man offering Hilda some tea, which to Hilda looks like sewage water
  • Hilda feverishly scratching her own hair, revealing she has tiny kittens living inside it
  • Hilda, covered in soot and dirt, hugging Johanna
  • Hilda at her front door at night, being confronted by the angry troll

Hilda (V.O): ...but such is the life of an adventure—

(stop) Suddenly, Hilda is tackled mid-air by a flying, fluffy object, knocking her to the ground! As she tears it off her face, she sees it's a cute little bunny rabbit!

Hilda: Aww! Looks like you took a tumble, poor little thing!

Alfur: (worried) That's not just any rabbit...

They look towards a large hill. Many, many more rabbits appear over the horizon.

Alfur: ...It's the Prime Minister's cavalry!

Zoom in on the cavalry. The General is seen giving his men orders.

General: This foul beast is invading our territory, men! Initiate giant girl defense protocol!

Cut to Hilda's horrified face.

Hilda: Oh, bother...

Zd-U399qzhQ0ptZb0bJDV_4yk64JBHutGqZljTy4

"CHAARGE!!" the General roars, and a whole army of bunnies, thousands of them, all dash down the hill towards Hilda! She and Twig try to run, but they're quickly swept up by the wave of bunnies as they get caught in a massive, fluffy stampede!

Hilda: Did I say "poor little thing"?! I TAKE THAT BAAACK!!

(2:39-2:52)

5c7d248172f5d9028c17ec2f.png

Pixie Davies

Michelle Dockery

Himesh Patel

Sanjeev Bhaskar

Stephen Fry

Lakeith Stanfield

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

and

Stephen Merchant

Music stops. Hilda and Twig are outside at night, running past all the tiny houses. Suddenly, a massive shadow looms over them.

Hilda: Now what?!

She looks up. Her eyes widen.

Dramatic, rising score. The camera pulls up and reveals a gigantic creature, tall as the mountain he stands beside and black as the night, staring back at Hilda with white, featureless eyes.

310?cb=20181207050411

In theaters and Dolby

August 4th

Edited by cookie
  • Like 4

@cayommagazine

News about a Y7 project and future news

Infinite Studios, Will Packer Productions, and debuting film director/actress Regina King invite you to Cropover.

Cropover is a comedy-drama set in the country of Barbados. The DeCosta family consisting of recently divorced and overworked mother Yvonne (Regina King), and her children, the reserved yet precocious child Abioye (Evan Alex) and charismatic teen daughter Alexa (Alisha Boe) travel to Barbados, for the first time since Yvonne left to America, as the family goes to reconnect and discover their roots. 

While the plot seems rather basic, the film is said to be extremely heartfelt, and moving. Cropover will come out sometime August Y7 as more details will arise.

Angelina Jolie (The Eternals, Kung Fu Panda) and Andrew Rannells (Netflix’s Big Mouth) have signed on for voice roles in Gateways 2.0., Jolie will play Piper as Rannells plays a new character. Gateways 2.0. is being given a Y11 release date, as Creation has moved up to a Y9 release date, both films directed by Pete Docter.

• Like 2