CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't like this opinion

You'd probably hate it more if I put Memento and Inception in the same category:)...

For me, Nolan normally makes an A+ movie for the 1st 90-100 minutes, and then an unsatisfying ending (to greater and lesser degrees)...the more unsatisfied I am, the higher or lower the Nolan movie goes...TDK was completely satisfying, thus its #1 spot...

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

You'd probably hate it more if I put Memento and Inception in the same category:)...

For me, Nolan normally makes an A+ movie for the 1st 90-100 minutes, and then an unsatisfying ending (to greater and lesser degrees)...the more unsatisfied I am, the higher or lower the Nolan movie goes...TDK was completely satisfying, thus its #1 spot...

Ferry boat stuff is very weak IMHO. Would take Batman Begins over TDK in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Ferry boat stuff is very weak IMHO. Would take Batman Begins over TDK in a heartbeat. 

The ferry stuff is the best stuff in TDK's third act. Batman Begins third act is actually kinda weak too.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Last few minutes...sometimes even just the last 1-2 minutes:)...

Well...shit man.

I think the last few minutes in pretty much all of Nolan's movies are great. Insomnia, Prestige, etc. TDKR cheats a bit by basically piggybacking on the previous two films before it, but fuck it.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

Let the hate flow through you.

Reveal hidden contents

The Mrs liked Dunkirk more than me but she even said once was enough for her. 

We both enjoyed Valerian a lot more today even though it was a "weaker" film by most stretches.

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

The ferry stuff is the best stuff in TDK's third act. Batman Begins third act is actually kinda weak too.

Avengers is about the only superhero movie where the formulaic third act is very effective. That said, I'll take BB's microwave emitter over TDK's ferry boat/SWAT sequences. 

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Avengers is about the only superhero movie where the formulaic third act is very effective. That said, I'll take BB's microwave emitter over TDK's ferry boat/SWAT sequences. 

Hm...do I prefer the extra who keeps saying the pressure is about to blow in BB or the jerk extra in the ferry who wants to blow up all the prisoners :kitschjob:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Interstellar has the holy god of third acts. me and all four of friends that were with me had are brains blown out of our head and all over the seats in front of us

The third act ruins the movie tho