MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Instead of tone-policing, get going on the conversations you want.

I guess the only people actually qualified to tone-police here are the mods.

Carry on; I don't see how it is "hard" to start a conversation about something else. Just start it, and people who are interested in it will quote you and enagage you.

Still it doesn't always work.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Still it may finish under $400M WW.

Was it released in China? BoxOfficeMojo isn't showing the China total. And its Japan run has only been 2 weeks. Though it is funny how nobody has bothered to care that Cars 3 is underperforming. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Fair enough, but do you people not get bored of talking about the same fucking thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over........ and over............. and OVER again? Every single day - "SMH did great!"; "SMH did okay"; "SMH did awful!"; "SMH did okay!"; "SMH did great!"..... it gets seriously irritating, almost as annoying as any Marvel vs. DC fandom fights, really.

:rofl:

I find the "omg Dunkirk, omg WW" a tad bit overdone but I tolerate it.

The summer is quickly coming to an end.

Let ppl get their final digs in for Pete's sake. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Nope. :P 

I-got-nothing.gif

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It'd be hilarious if THE NUT JOB 2: NUTTY BY NATURE made it fall over 60% :lol: 

I can already picture the Deadline headline: "Annabelle Gets Nutted By A Squirrell: Nut Job 2 Bangs Horror Sequel Hard"

• Haha 1

Just now, Cochofles said:

Instead of tone-policing, get going on the conversations you want.

I guess the only people actually qualified to tone-police here are the mods.

Carry on; I don't see how it is "hard" to start a conversation about something else. Just start it, and people who are interested in it will quote you and enagage you.

So because I'm not a mod, that means I'm not qualified to comment on how annoying some conversations are? Bullshit. I have access to this forum just like all the other users on here, and if they want to complain about the same posts over and over or fighting over CBMs, they absolutely can. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Was it released in China? BoxOfficeMojo isn't showing the China total. And its Japan run has only been 2 weeks. Though it is funny how nobody has bothered to care that Cars 3 is underperforming. 

I don't think so. Even then Pixar movies don't do shit in China.

• Like 1

Final Predictions For Friday/Weekend:

Dunkirk: $8.5 million / $30 million

The Emoji Movie: $9.1 million / $24.6 million

Atomic Blonde: $7.5 million / $20 million

Girls Trip: $6.1 million / $20.5 million

Spidey: $3.5 mllion / $12.1 million

Apes: $3 million / $10.1 million

DM3: $2.5 million / $8.5 million

Valerian: $2 million / $6.3 million

Top 8 - $132.1 million

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I have access to this forum just like all the other users on here, and if they want to complain about the same posts over and over or fighting over CBMs, they absolutely can

Exactly.

They can.

If you want to get annoyed, you most certainly can.

Carry on and start the conversations you want to engage in; if you build it, they will come.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

I have an idea how about creating a thread for CBM movies runs at the box office only that can debate in all you want.

That's pretty pointless. The mods opened up a numbers only thread, and it doesn't see much traffic. It's useless when the same stuff is being discussed in the main threads with more community. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XO21 said:

After Moana I would predict Wreck it Ralph #s for Coco, at best

Thinking around Cinderella and Ratatouille (barely over $200M). I don't think that Frozen short will help it in fact it may hurt it.

• Like 2

Four tickets for Dunkirk last night!

Spoiler

I love Nolan, but I feel like I wasn't as wowed as I could have been. My initial feeling is that some of the scenes could have been selected so they can be juxtaposed much more effectively. Likely going to do a rewatch at another time since I'm the type to like picking up minutae and breaking down the movie more on a second viewing.

Hopefully Valerian this weekend!

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I don't think so. Even then Pixar movies don't do shit in China.

True Finding Dory was the highest and it only made $38M. Not sure it'll improve with the next couple of films being sequels though I guess The Incredibles 2 might do decent numbers being more action orientated. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

True Finding Dory was the highest and it only made $38M. Not sure it'll improve with the next couple of films being sequels though I guess The Incredibles 2 might do decent numbers being more action orientated. 

It could. BH6 did $83M in China.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Kinda hope that Emoji's DOM total is smaller than that of Storks or Captain Underpants. I mean, c'mon universe, make that happen.

Also hoping that Annabelle II, which comes out 2 weeks from now, doesn't fall too behind from the original's OW and then it should have easily stronger legs, even though it's a sequel... apparently it's a fun and fast paced movie, contrary to the dull and boring original.

I hope so too! I loved Storks and really liked Captain Underpants!